Product Chat / Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 02:59
So after some messing around i found that it is the character_basic.fx that is messing up our characters after changing a few things it stopped deforming the characters i still need to mess about with the visual as i have messed something up there but the deform is gone i tested about 20 3rd party characters and a few x9 and they were fine so i was wondering if lee could have a look at this so we can get using our characters the video is the default .fx and then the changed one.

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 12:40
great discovery and very nice vid.
I love yours animals. And the farmer too.
I have not done anything to do with characters yet.

3com
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

If you'd like to email the details, I'll make sure we look into this. It's already on our radar, but the more information the better.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 15:47
Email sent with files

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 16:46
That's one terrifyingly huge goat
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 17:18
lol they weren't scaled just imported as is but could be fun getting attacked by that

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not getting any distortion with my own characters which in my case are X10 characters converted in Animer.

I only get the distortion due to the Ragdoll on enemy death as you can see in the attached screen shot. I guess it will vary from model to model perhaps?

Quote: "It's already on our radar"

I thought that the custom character distortion was being fixed for V109? It had been said previously it would be corrected for the next release unless I am mistaken? For me at least and many others perhaps too its far more more important than tweaking visual work much as is the case with performance as you can see in the screen shot too. These important things are needed for practical game making as a necessity. Eye candy can come later if there is spare capacity though it seems not perhaps.

In order to have any kind of placed light appear in a level I have to have terrain and entity shaders set to the very highest setting - no choice there. As you can see from the screen shot at 26fps in a level that is apart from the kind of content you see more or less empty to all intense and purpose. Nothing complicated at all. 1 enemy? You can see whats in view - and its not a lot.

Personally a few basic necessary but vital core game making improvements would be what I would be looking for for the next release. Basic things like a being able to use a light, sensible fps and performance and the ability to insert characters that don't distort with a choice to turn off Ragdoll if need be and leave the corpse behind. Basic things really - that would include core memory issues and the software hanging when it feels like while you are trying to work with it.

All seem to be very basic necessities for users to legitimately need and get right as a basic set of things before adding anything new at all.

I was hope like many I am sure for some serious improvement and fixes to some of these things in the next release to put stability back and fix those things that users have had issue with for some time.

In my case at least looks like I would be looking for some serious improvements to these things otherwise at 26fps it don't look like it will matter much otherwise as no one could imagine me creating a game proper with it given there's a lot to expect to see inside a Modern fps game which clearly there's no way I can add given the current standing of the product.

I am sure many users will be looking for a big improvement as has been suggested by many particularly to the core and resultant performances which they struggle with - the order of magnitude of the improvement needed seems to be enormous.

Can't see me doing much with Reloaded in the foreseeable future at least not out of choice but out of its capability and not to allowing me to do so.

I could make a game without anything much in it I guess at the lowest quality and without lights and so on which is OK as far as it goes for walking around an empty or sparsely populated landscape in daylight only and with restricted levels of quality for the content, scenery and environment visual quality. Thats about all I have been doing with it and that is OK to that extent.

Would be nice to actually make a game proper with it but I cant see that happening for me as yet. As you can see from screen shots I have made some tentative exploratory work with making game levels but not a lot I can do to make it a worthwhile endeavor unless I can find a lot more efficiency and performance even given as a user of course I have a role to play myself in helping that out in optimisation and so on. Bottom line is there's just not enough leeway (excess) in the core at the moment to allow building of a quality game proper no matter what I would do my end.

Ah well V1.09 lets have it and see if there is any improvement and what we can do with it. No rush. This year or next will do. The longer it takes the better users will expect it to be

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 18:30
Hi Uman can you tell me what character you are using and i can test it out thanks

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Tattie,

Thus far I have converted 4 X10 Characters. The one in the screen shot is "Racknos".

You can see him in the attached screen shot. As you can see he works fine as a chartacter and enemy and does not distort in normal behaviour. He has to shoot the pistol weapon as I don't know of a way that we can give them another especially as Sci-fi Characters need Sci-fi weapons so I have also converted some X10 weapons which work fine but enemies cannot use them. As the player however I can collect and use them.

Anyway point being I cant kill the enemy as when one shoots them and they end up dead - they distort, presumably due to the Ragdoll thing I believe.

I had tried removing the effectbank file completely from their properties in editor and the characters still work though still also distort on death.

This really needs a TGC fix though cant bank on that any time soon if at all perhaps so any help in the meantime may be helpful to users and myself included. Would be nice to see the Characters not distort this way and behave nicely once again.

In V1.7 before Ragdoll was introduced if I remember correctly they were OK.

Cheers and thanks.

Peter

Attachments

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 15:19
If anyone wants to send me ONE character entity (all files and scripts required), I will personally set some time aside to check them out and if it's an engine issue, get it sorted before the next public beta build. I think there are a few issues here, one ragdoll related and one shader related. There may be more, but email them to me at lee@thegamecreators.com to be sure!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee,

I sent you the Racknos Character converted in Animer via email .zip - contains all the files you should need.

As said previously though I only get distortion when the is killed whereas some seem to get it when custom Characters are at idle.

As far as I can see mine are fine unless killed - see attached screen shot of the 4 I have converted thus far. Look fine to me at idle.

Also same characters with one killed showing the diff.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:36:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:36:49