Product Chat / reload custom character work

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 13:47 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 13:49
here is a small video about a custom character working in reload. simple script work but not much until 109.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/krB7EY0JL3w

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 13:52
Very nice MXS i have been waiting for something to get my characters into reloaded will you be putting it into the store when 1.9 comes out ?

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 14:01
I will not release this until 109 because the core needs tweaking for it to work right. but it's progress to see something beside the modern soldiers.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice. Although you may want to speed up the movement for the run anim there a little. Doesn't quite look right. Were you having FPS issues when recording this? It looks a little jerky, and the video is so short, you end up watching it again to double check, lol. Otherwise, nice work.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work, yh AI scripts can be really buggy, hopefully things will improve with the new zombies

embedded your video

p.s. to embed you need to put just the video code in the tags - i.e.
[ video=youtube ]krB7EY0JL3w[ /video ]

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 18:42
I wonder what the team have in mind for character importing some sore of program ? or a script that we can change to suite frames i would be happy to pay for such a program if that is the case

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
We need custom anims to be easily added. Vertex anims are okay and serve a purpose, but bone anims are more useful for many things and having a set way to make things is a little restrictive. Maybe you just want a rope to dangle nicely, or have a serpent, snake along the floor. The set method at the moment does not cater for innovation and diversity. Vertex anims have no collision, so are only useful so far, and obviously only cater for non biological entities without them looking clunky.
I certainly think more time needs to be spent making this as easy a process as possible, once fps issues have been dealt with.

As there has been nothing beyond the initial reports of the character maker, and it's subsequent booing down, I have no idea what it will entail. I certainly hope it will be more than a standard model with a couple of different hats or such. I would hope it would have animation options to add basic gestures or actions we may want for any standard character model. Being able to change a characters weight in a realistic way would also be fantastic, but probably not likely, not without several models for each level of fatness, or, of course the opposite.

It will probably be quite awhile before the character creator is even properly begun, so now's the time to let TGC know what you would like from it. Although probably not on this thread, it is, after all, about the said custom model and not Reloaded's ability to use them.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 02:33 Edited at: 15th Oct 2014 02:34
When I watched the clip on YouTube, there was a link along the side of the page to a video for a character creator from a game called, oddly enough, "APB: Reloaded" . While I'm not in the least bit familiar with that game or it's forbear, I thought something similar in Reloaded would be cool. (with more clothing, of course!) It looked like there was a LOT of variations. Better than what I've seen so far from makehuman. I agree, the movement (not the animation itself) needs to be sped up, the feet appear to be sliding on the ground, as though he's almost running in place. Nice job, though!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2014 04:19
lol you guys are something else. yes i know the speed was not right . I set it at 90 instead of a 100. this guy right alone with some zombies I have will be work on.the script is no where near final this was just a test run but I thought it would be nice to share with you guys. because this also means whoever own any custom character will be able to use and understand the script and how it works. I myself never use lua and have no idea up til last night. I gotten hood with the fpi but seeing I'm stuck with all these models and reload is now going to be the next big thing from fpsc. I felt I really need to start learning this engine. was going to wait til 109 but just could not wait. I should also cap the 60fps so it would not look so choppy. so I already know how to fix some of the flaws I'll wait til 109. thanks guys for your input about this I'm glad you all like it. but one thing I found it will be easy to add in your own animation to a script just like the fpi. reload just lack a lot commands like fpsc did.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:05:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:05:40