Product Chat / new character

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 10:50
Hi
I created a character in blender, I did the rigging and animation, textures, and I added the gun.
What should I do to make it work in fpscr?
forgive my English

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wing3d, paint.net.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 12:43
Did you rig the character with your own skeleton or did you use the stock Reloaded biped?

If you used your own, you may run into issues. Take a look at Animer, this might be able to help you.

I have not yet modelled a character for Reloaded, mainly because I know it will be a LOT of hassle trying to get them to work.

I wish you the very best of luck with it.

Oh, can you post a screenshot of your character? It's not a requirement of the thread, I just like admiring other artists work.

Cheers

Jay.

Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 16:24
hi
I did rig the character with its skeleton. In fact, there are a lot of problems with this engine.
forgive my English

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wing3d, paint.net.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 19:50
Cool character! I like the mask. It has a PayDay feel to it.

There are a lot of issues with the engine in its current state; when it comes to custom models etc.

Cheers

Jay.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 20:17
I agree getting 3rd party characters or even your own is murder i hope this will be looked at to make it alot more user friendly to import characters in the future.

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 21:21
I haven't attempted to bring my characters into Reloaded yet. Looks like its quite challenging though I seen some tutorials floating around. There is a Reloaded rig you could use. I believe it uses all the animations from the modern solider/terrorist character.

I'm curious what this character creator thingy is that was on the feature polls? Is it to build a character within the engine using limb assets? Or does it come with importing tools for characters and rigs? Who knows.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 22:16
For me Reloaded must support the importing of 3rd party as i cant animate to save my self so im hoping its some sort of software where you can import the character with the animation frames.

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2014 20:29
The first character creator will be a simple affair allowing characters to be textured and tweaked before exporting to the library. A fully on mesh-twisting version will come later, once we decide where it sits in the ecosystem. As much as a character creator will help, it won't beat an artist in MAX who can craft pretty much anything they want. Hopefully we can expand the ability to bring in imported characters, and provide some basic character creation for the rest of us mortals.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As much as a character creator will help, it won't beat an artist in MAX who can craft pretty much anything they want."

No, but for those who haven't got access to an artist and aren't able to make them themselves it would certainly help progress! It would also give Reloaded an extra boost in the media department, as I don't think any engines have such a feature as yet out the box?

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:29:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:29:08