Product Chat / Terrain Editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2014 17:35
Greetings;

Being a total noob with Reloaded, I have just been fiddling around with stuff, getting used to the software, etc. Creating a custom terrain seems simple enough, but I do have one question: is there some trick to creating shorelines (say a lake or pond or oasis) that are even with the surrounding plain? My few attempts (just doodles, mind you) thus far have all quite steep sided and seemingly very deep. Any hints or tips?

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Buckaroo Banzai
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Difficult, if not impossible to make hills like the ones generated by Reloaded as yet. It just takes a lot of tweaking to adjust it manually.
This is a video I did a fair while ago now. Shows the basics in action.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
RJsDad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2014 05:53
So I have discovered! I've done a ton of lowering, smoothing, leveling...(lather, rinse & repeat)...I'm getting satisfying results, but it's a lot of work. Gives me something to do on the weekends!

Great video, btw

Buckaroo Banzai
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
it is a good software for having fun while being creative
i do like dvaders vids but have not watched all of this 1 yet, did you try test game and f9 for fine tuning your terrain sculpting?, i find that its abit easier to get those smaller adjustments.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
RJsDad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 00:45
As a matter of fact, I have been using test & F9 and have found that with a little patience, you can get some really good results. It just takes time to get the proper "touch".

Buckaroo Banzai
Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 06:53
Newsletter says that a slopping tool is in the cards for V009, and that should help with these types of issues. I'd also like to see the user have the ability to enter a height value for the flat leveling tool. This would take the guesswork out of the leveling process.

"There is no spoon"
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 07:01
Oh wow any new additions to terrain editing sound good to me! I find its hard to at times fine-tune the bumps so that you can have parts of their sides slope. So a slopping tool would be perfect.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:04:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:04:58