Product Chat / October Reloaded Newsletter Released

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 14:25
Hi,

The Reloaded October Newsletter is ready to read!

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 17:11
Is there any way you can make the construction kit use an editing mode with mouse clicks and transform widgets? That mouse look editing mode is absolutely abysmal. It looks all cool in videos, but the thought of using such a system just makes me cringe.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
it probably wasn't designed for user comfort right now I wouldn't think being early in its making. I would guess some fine tuning and tweaks will be done for control ect, I think it looks ok though but im used to building games similar to this conkit ingames I play so, im looking forwards to using it at whatever point its ready . but I have worries about it, how far are tgc going to take it because there is ALOT of styles to cover for buildings and im eager to see the glass for 1, was disappointed no windows lol.. but still I wants to build with it

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 17:39
Quote: "it probably wasn't designed for user comfort right now"

Well, from the way things have been designed in the past, I'm thinking this is intended to be the final way that it is intended to work from an object placement/manipulation standpoint. I hope I am wrong.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome stuff. Loving the construction kit.. that is looking great! I also think the multiplayer will be brilliant. I'm very impressed with what I'm seeing and can see huge potential in FPS Creator in the future. Keep up the amazing work guys!
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
When are we going to be able to package up the games, don't get me wrong I love making my own games however it would be nice to be able to package these up and either sell or give out copies.
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 07:17
You can make stand alone games now to share, for selling games have to wait until reloaded is out of beta and that's still a ways off yet

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2014 10:38 Edited at: 7th Oct 2014 11:02
Quote: "Is there any way you can make the construction kit use an editing mode with mouse clicks and transform widgets? That mouse look editing mode is absolutely abysmal. It looks all cool in videos, but the thought of using such a system just makes me cringe."

When I first saw it I thought to myself... is this minecraft or a legit game engine? I find if we are stuck with editing it the way it is now it would be unnecessarily tedious to use.

But then again I've never been okay with the whole F9 edit mode to begin with. So I'll guess I'll have to take whatever comes our way.

Sadly I really miss the FPSCx9 editor. It was quick, accurate and not subjected to the in game camera field of view, in game frame rate, in game atmospheric effects and etc. I was hoping we'd have the same type of top down editor in FPSCx9 but with the addition to shift the camera around. That would have been perfect for Reloaded. I never use the F9 edit mode unless I have to. Which is basically when I want things to be layered, like items on a shelf.

But considering how much work has been put into the CONKIT I'll use it when it gets here. It just looks like a much longer process than it would in a standard editor. The fact that you have to look at where your blocks are going, forces you to only see the center point of where your building... rather than a free moving cursor. Perhaps I'm being too critical of something I never worked with yet. So I will wait till it comes out. Be awesome if we get it this year

I should also add that the multiplayer test video is pretty awesome.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:41:36