Scripts / Shameful, humble request....

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2014 16:45
Good day talented coder/scripter people.

As some of you may know (I have mentioned it a few times) I can't script for toffee. My coding skills are akin to that of a 3 year old.

I am here, in your mercy, kindly asking (begging) if anyone could help me (write for me) with a few (about 9) lua scripts.

I am planning on remaking my old game Impuzzable, in Reloaded. I feel this engine would be great for that game, so long as I can get all of the custom scripts working. Some of you may remember my old game; I had tremendous fun making it and would really love to see what I can do with it in Reloaded.

I don't have expendable income to exchange for your services, however, I can make models and textures in return for your kindness.

If anyone is interested in helping, I would be truly grateful.

Cheers

Jay.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
the download doesnt work and i wasn't around for classic so i have no idea what this is about, could you give some information on the sort of things you would need doing?
looks like portal though

if i can do any of it i'll be happy to give it a go (for free of course)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2014 20:10
Hi SmallG.

How did I know you would be one of the first to jump to someone's plea for help! Thanks.

The game is very portal inspired. My personal favourite game of all time.

Here is a working link on IndieDB.

The scripts I will need to get the game working are as follows:

Jump Zone - The player enters a trigger zone and is instantly propelled forward and very high.
Death Zone - Player enters trigger zone and is instantly killed.
Dark Zone - Turns the lights off completely for 2 seconds and back on again for 2 seconds. When the lights are turned off, a HUD is shown, showing a timer counting down until lightness.
Explode Zone - Kills the player upon entering and spawns an explosion decal.
Freeze Zone - Stops the player from moving at all for 4 seconds and shows a HUD like the screen is frozen, also plays a sound like ice cracking.
No Gravity - removes gravity for 3 seconds
Pressure Zone - Allows the player to place an object inside the zone, in order to activate doors or traps.
Speed Zone - Increases the players speed while in the zone
Slow Zone - Decreases the players speed while in the zone
Teleport Zone - Teleports the player to a predetermined place on the map
Wobble Zone - Activates a full screen shader, adds wobble effect to the camera.
Random Zone - Randomly selects one of the previous zones.

That is all for now. I know it's a lot, but, it's what I used to have in the old version and I would really like to have all of the old zones working in the new version.

If you have any ideas for other zones, I am open to suggestions.

Cheers

Jay.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Jump Zone - The player enters a trigger zone and is instantly propelled forward and very high. "

dont think that's possible as the teleport code is currently the only command we have to move the player and it doesnt work well with 'up'

Quote: "Freeze Zone - Stops the player from moving at all for 4 seconds and shows a HUD like the screen is frozen, also plays a sound like ice cracking."

kinda possible but no custom HUDs by default yet

Quote: "No Gravity - removes gravity for 3 seconds"

dont think the gravity thing works yet

Quote: "Wobble Zone - Activates a full screen shader, adds wobble effect to the camera. "

no clue but i would say no

the rest are all possible in some shape or form

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Sep 2014 21:43
Freeze zone is possible with Omega Core. You simply call ocBlockInput("true") for the freeze and ocBlockInput("false") when the freeze is over.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2014 21:59
Thanks for the replies guys.

From the sounds of things, I may have to put off development for a while. At least until more scripting commands are available.

Cheers

Jay.

Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Shameful, humble request...."

It is not embarrassing to be bad in something. We grow and specialize, that´s how we made. We must connect to each other to create something wonderful. If everybody can everything, we would be small individums living in a black hole

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 12:41:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 12:41:52