Scripts / Scripting question

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 10:05
hello,
don't know if this is the right place for this post..
anyways here 2 questions:
1) is it possible to change the color of the cross hair when it is alligned to the targeted enemy?
2) do weapons need to be bin files only? I'm modelling in Blender, what kind of file do i have to export to be used as weapon?

thanks
in advance
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2014 11:12
Hello

Sorry I don't know about the cross hair, but the bin file is just reloaded's version of the fpe file. The weapon should be exported to a .x file. There is certain way to place weapons, I believe this has been mentioned somewhere in this forum.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have requested the cross hair feature a few times. I cannot say if I was heeded at all. I personally prefer a game when it does this, it just feels better. I can't think of a way to detect if the crosshair is targeting an enemy, so I can't see a way to do this yet. Well, I can, almost, but it would involve a bit of work, and seems like remaking the wheel all over. The engine has this data, just no way of getting it. Writing a script to simulate the same data seems like a good way of slowing Reloaded for no reason, as you are basically doing the aim calculations twice over. Try disabling the gun code in a test game by pressing 3 when in F11 mode. I think it is 3, they are listed anyway. I get quite a big boost to FPS just from disabling the gun code, so do not fancy losing the equivalent amount by adding some more!
So, probably possible to detect it, but no real way of actually getting the cursor to change colour as yet with standard commands. Just a lame prompt at the bottom of the screen I must admit that so far options for interacting with the player, menu's, huds, changing images etc are not great as yet. They certainly need improving as soon as the performance work has been (successfully) done. With them, we could actually make working adventure or RPG games, or just spruce up a shooter a little. We are crying out for more input commands also. How can we have say a conversation if all you can do is press e? No option of dialogue choices at all. No mouse commands to check if you select something (although to be fair there is nothing to select as yet, with no options for graphic overlays). No keypress commands beyond the e key. It all limits what can be done, and although you can work around SOME of the issues, most you cannot.

I think these sort of options need to be added at the earliest opportunity. Most should be easy to add, and will transform Reloaded from it's current state into a much more rounded game making system.

I seem to have elaborated a bit more than I intended. But basically, no, not quite yet.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:24:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:24:20