Product Chat / Bright models Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Greetings

The models in the game are very bright - is there a way to change this or is it because it's still in development? I am referring to the models that come with the download - not independent assets. I've trued fixing this by using the commands available when tab key is used. But it just lowers the world exposure but not the independent models - specifically the sandstone building that cone with the download. I an very new to all this and THEREFORE APOLOGIZE ahead of time and thank you in advance for your help. I know someone will bring it up: I have searched the forum but get this reply - The Game Creators Forum - Sorry, We're sorry but you cannot access this Board. The reason for this is: This board is hidden from view. You cannot access it.

I am logged in. I tried posting this earlier but nothing happened so I apologize if I double posted this.

Many thanks.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 13:09
Did you lower the ambient light as well as brightness?
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
after the AO is added it'll look more normal, right now the graphics/lighting are still pretty basic, once 1.009 should be much more pleasing for you
check out the blog for a comparison
http://fpscreloaded.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/ao-and-performance.html

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you. I follow Lee's blog but as I mentioned being a complete noob I was wondering If I was doing something wrong.

I did lower the brightness and ambient down to nothing, looks like a night scene now, but models including legacy packs are over-bright.
Thanks for the answers. Happy Sunday.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
For a better result I usually press Tab.... Then turn the ambience down to about 20%...Followed by the Ambience colours to around 70%
then the surface colours for the final touch......it gets rid of the horrible bright glare and makes the normal really stand out

But that's just my preference
PM
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Many thanks guys. Applying your suggestions and it is looking better.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2014 21:40
We had a good chat about this last week and have made tweaks in the latest version to defeat the 'overbright' effect that can happen due to excessive specular and direct lighting combinations. We've also selected some new ambient and contrast defaults which the team feel produce a better lighting distribution. Watch my blogs for shots!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 16:22:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 16:22:36