Product Chat / Bond 1 TV lives on

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 15:10
I came across a post where they where talking about putting sprites in Reloaded. Bond 1 TV was mentioned from the FPS Classic. So I looked into putting his TV in that I wanted to use in a game I am working on. The problem I ran into is that the shader he had for it would not work in Reload. I think it had something to do with the image_I that was used for the sprite image. I have put together zip file of what will work in reloaded. Unzip the file and drop the folder in your entitybank. The shader that I used was in the effect file at effectbank\ps_2_0\entities\dynamic\diffuse_spriteatlas_2x2.fx This is a shader for a 2x2 sprite sheet. There are others there that might be of some interest to you. The 2X2 sprite sheet I used from bond 1 is used as the image_N. I have included a picture showing the tv in reload. Enjoy!

Dennis

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Works great !!!
Now how can I put my own pics on
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 16:47
Quote: "Now how can I put my own pics on "

That's easy. You just need to edit the .dds file with the texture and replace the images with your own. You'll need a tool that can load and save .dds files. Photoshop has a plugin and so does gimp.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 17:01 Edited at: 9th Sep 2014 17:03
Quote: "That's easy"

You wish.....Theres nothing on the the dds except the Monitor textures ?

I think its all done through the FX effectbank files
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 17:12
Quote: "You wish.....Theres nothing on the the dds except the Monitor textures ?"

No, not just wish. It's true. I know because that's how I did the Princess talking vision effect in my game. The .dds texture consists of all the frames of animation in a 4x4 matrix. The .fx file you are referring to is generic and can be used for any modified texture. The .fx file is simply the means by which the engine cycles through the animation frames, whatever those frames happen to be (as defined in the .dds file).

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah right..... I just converted the dds files back to a texture. png ....
Obviously totally wrong
PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 17:41
When I first started this I was working in DarkShader it was a little bit easer to figure out. The paint program that I use is Paint.Net. It's a free one and there is a plugin for .dds. I will be creating my own image's for my game I am working on. I also am looking into using some of the other shaders that are there.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 18:06:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 18:06:41