Product Chat / Never-ending level.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to create new characters during the game, randomly to give more challenges to play on a never-ending phase level.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 18:47
That is called spawning and should be relatively easy.

I haven't started with LUA yet, otherwise I'd post a script.

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
The problem with spawning is that you still have to place the entities down on the map. There doesn't seem a way to spawn new enemies entirely. Perhaps you can respawn enemies that have died, if you know the correct ID number possibly. I haven't tried that specifically yet. So for most levels that is fine, but for a never ending one, unless you can respawn the dead, you will eventually kill all the enemies. I've played with the options in the ide for spawning, but none seem to work in reloaded as yet.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've played with the options in the ide for spawning, but none seem to work in reloaded as yet."

they do but possibly not with the stock AI script (and no idea about standalone)
as stated above though if you use the standard spawn then u need to have those models placed (no reason you can't randomise it via script though) but the idea of reusing dead enemies is interesting, i think you could do it with a little effort.

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 20:49
Quote: "The problem with spawning is that you still have to place the entities down on the map."

Yes, but you can spawn the same entitie an infintie number of times. (You could in FPSC)

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
you can spawn a entity and make some spawnpoints you know. then randomly set the position with SetPosition(e,x,y,z) ... should be possible with a little scripting work.

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 15:21:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 15:21:10