3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [WIP] Issue importing animate 3ds max model, to Reloaded (cctv).

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 17:07 Edited at: 8th Sep 2014 17:18
I'm working in 3ds anímate cctv, as point the title.

I had generate X file via Bond1 plugin for 3ds max (KW.x port)

I've done so far

In KW settings.

a- Import skin and animations - start frame = 1 ; frame num: 100. I had not changed anything more there.

b- In Reloaded cctv properties. I had not changed aything.

In cctv fpe file.

a- I state x and D files paths correctly.

b- Add effect_animate.fx

Issue

When I try to add cctv to Reloaded in a Wall, it becomes transparent (properties does not - Transparent = 0).

Note: The shadow teorically is the cctv. Please refer to the red arrow, in the pic below).

Whath I'm doing wrog?.

Thanks in advance

3com

edit: fixing pic
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Sep 2014 20:58
What shader are you using? You should be using the character_basic.fx shader. It's still very much hit and miss as far as skinning goes, though. Even using the correct shader, results fluctuate wildly. I've had fairly complex models appear perfectly, yet an extremely basic model that I created to see if it would work with the FPSCR biped skeleton was invisible. I still haven't figured out why some models work and others don't.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2014 10:50
Quote: "You should be using the character_basic.fx shader."

I had tried, but cctv becomes invisible.

Quote: "I've had fairly complex models appear perfectly,"

Me too.

Quote: "I still haven't figured out why some models work and others don't. "

Mistery.
Maybe has to do with the dbo file generated.
btw, thanks for the tip.

3com
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 05:47
Have you looked at this thread (http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208851&b=1)?
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 07:01
For what it's worth, I used Mender and Entity Workshop to view the invisible model - exported without skinning, it looked fine, with skinning, invisible (so it's not a shader issue, then). I also imported the model into Unity in .fbx format, and it looked fine, so it seems to be an issue with the .x file skinning. I don't know enough about this to narrow it down further, though.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2014 18:40
Yes, I had readed it.

I've the same problema here. I had edited cctv in fragmotion/Milkshape/3ds max, and it looks fine, and animation Works.
Perhaps you are right about X file.
Waiting for x file converter in reloaded.

3com
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 10:43
@3Com

Quote: "In KW settings.
a- Import skin and animations - start frame = 1 ; frame num: 100. I had not changed anything more there"

I have created a CCTV camera with animations and put it in the store. It works fine. I was wondering why y
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2014 19:02
So helpful info!, thanks Tazman.
I'm really new importing Max models, I've another question; What's about D.dds file?, does need D.dds file as atlas texture with all the animation's frames place in 4x4 or 6x6, etc, format, like Bond1's awesome tv?

Thanks in advance.
3com
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2014 17:02
It is best to use the (256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 etc) format for any model texture that you make of course you can mix these up say 1024x512 for instance.

I am not sure about your question
Quote: "What's about D.dds file?, does need D.dds file as atlas texture"

if you mean do you need to have the _D, _S, and _N dds files then yes it is always best to have these and if you are to put the model in the shop they expect these files to be present.

One thing though, you didn't answer my earlier question.
Quote: " I was wondering why you were exporting Skinning."

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 12:55
Quote: "I am not sure about your question "

I mean texture sheet.
I had readed, I do not remember where. than you need I.dds texture containing all the animation frames, in order to see the animation in reloaded.

So far I can see cctv in editor, but does not get the right texture and it appear black colored, instead of texture.
I know I need D,N,S.dds files, and I apply then correctly, but I do not get the point with texture sheet yet.
Even I had changed texture by other most clear, but I see black camera yet.
It does not animate. I had tried dynamic/static, isinmobile= yes/no, Physics=yes/not, I has tried differents fx efects, even I tried a texture sheet with 6x6 animation's frames, but nothing change here, I am not able to see cctv animate.

Quote: "One thing though, you didn't answer my earlier question."

Just due to my poor 3ds Max skills.

Quote: "and if you are to put the model in the shop they expect these files to be present"

No. I am only improving my 3ds Max/ import animate model to reloaded/ texture sheet (unwrapping and so on) skills.

Perhaps in the future, but not now.

I wonder why I need all this texture files, since I can import my X file containing all the texture information.
I mean, IE: If I make a house full textured in 3ds Max, If I impòrt X file with material/texture/shadows/lights information; Why I need these D, S, N, files???. Why do not simply Reloaded get these graphic info and apply then to de imported model.

Thanks again Tazman

3com
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 17:42
If you would like you can send me your x,fpe, bmp and all the dlls and I could take a look. A second set of eyes could help. If so then pm me and I will send you the email address to send them to.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2014 18:43
Done.
Thanks a lot Tazman.

3com
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 11:03
Well, cctv issue is already fixed.

Thanks a lot to everybody, specially to Tazman!!!

3com
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 11:43:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 11:43:08