Product Chat / FPS Creator Reloaded & Priority Updates ?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 07:31
Hello folks,

this just my thoughts regarding fpsc-r releases and what the most important features TGC should focus on and give it priority beside other cool features we already cry for it!!

I think what most important to apply it now than later, is to make FPSC-R able to make a full standalone game. and focus on that direction instead.

for example, the multi level worlds, media importer, more customized feature toward game scenes and to boast the performances, all of this should be taken the lead for the next updates beside other stuff.

asking why they better to do that ?

1- many users would make a full games soon and will start to publish them to gaming portal and other entertainment services, no more WIP delays!!.

2- users would not feel bored when they are waiting for the next releases for FPSC-R, so TGC can take their full time without impatient users yelling at them when they delay their usual releases, because most of them would be busy playing around with the engine or continue building their projects

3- encouraging users to start and continue their developing, this mean more testing and testing !! so many bugs could be addressed soon which making the fix more easy and fast!!

4- this also will boast the activity for the fps store and people interests, so more items, more fps games and more users joining to support FPSC-R!!

I know many of you, would love TGC to support their suggestions and ideas instead this basic features, but try to think of it ? which one would benefit FPSC-R more wisely ?
most game creation tools and engine, the first features they start to support it, is the ability to build and publish a full basic game, before they start adding the other cool stuff!! because the users are better to able to publish their games as soon possible than to wait other releases.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 16:53
Quote: "more customized feature toward game scenes"

You should be more specific in what you are asking for here. As you've worded it, this isn't any particular feature at all.

In addition to performance and visual improvements, which are on the way, we need full particle systems and UI editor enhancements (also on the way). So, with the stuff already on the way plus particle effects and multi-level games, we are just about to the point of making full games. I honestly think that by the time 1.010 is released that we'll be just about to the point we can focus on real-world game projects.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
QatariGameDev
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:07 Edited at: 29th Aug 2014 18:08
Quote: ""more customized feature toward game scenes""

I meant, like to alter/change the title menus, adding splash screen or support movies as intro, which it's an important for developer to make a full game, instead to have a generic titles that would be same with all other game projects
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:09
Quote: "I meant, like to alter/change the title menus"

You can do this already in 1.0085.

Quote: "or support movies as intro,"

And you can do this with the Omega Core plugin. Soon to be supporting FFmpeg player. Probably out this weekend.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
QatariGameDev
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:12 Edited at: 29th Aug 2014 18:13
Quote: "

And you can do this with the Omega Core plugin. Soon to be supporting FFmpeg player. Probably out this weekend."

I can't wait for that add-ons for our project !!

thanks, the only thing that i need now, is to support multi-world levels
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:19
Quote: " the only thing that i need now, is to support multi-world levels "

Technically, you can sort of do this right now as well. But it's more like the old days when you had to switch floppy disks to load the next level sort of thing. I've not done this yet myself, but what you do is create each game level/world as a separate stand-alone. Then you use Lua scripts to store persistent game data throughout the game. At some point, if the player makes it to the end of a level then you store off some data to indicate they made it to the next level. Then you tell them to exit the game and run the next level. They load that level up and you re-load your persistent data to continue the game. The only thing here that might not work is re-equipping the character with the same weapons and ammo. I'm not sure if this is possible in scripts. So, you have to be clever and do a lot of tricks, but still there are possibilities with this approach. Hopefully, they'll just add multi-level support soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 15:00:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 15:00:19