Feature Creep / Weapon Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Similar to the Character Creator - easily create any type of weapon, model it, texture it, animate it, set the way it is used and how it behaves.

Also, a more general Entity Creator - easily model any entity (static or dynamic), texture it and animate it, create all associated files automatically.

Plus, a Vehicle Creator - easily create any land, water or flying vehicle that can either by driven by the player or attack the player.

Julian
PM
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2014 17:55
Although all would be useful, probably very hard to actually implement - though obviously do-able. A construction kit is simpler, because buildings are generally made up of similar components, windows etc.

If you had a gun creator, most parts of gun would only accurately fit the odd model?
Same applies for most vehicles, you can't pick a door thats the wrong shape.

As for a general Entity creator, is that not just any 3D-Software? I'm sure they could create something to easily model any entity, but when there are so many modelling packages around, if it was possible to be any easier it would probably have been already done. They are working on an importer which will do all the required associated files.

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) and Windows 8.1 Pro:

Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 10:28 Edited at: 28th Aug 2014 10:29
Maybe a weapon importer would be good so we could just model a weapon and then use a weapon importer tool to do everything else to make it reloaded ready, maybe even having different sets of hands that you could align to your model as such, basically so you could import one.x file and the texture and then the importer makes all the other files required

Oh and just a note weapon generators are possible to a point just see borderlands 2 for an example that generates weapons on the fly according to a predifined algorithm

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
QatariGameDev
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 18:17 Edited at: 29th Aug 2014 18:18
I already requested the same idea before at this link:

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209428&b=5

I agreed with you, we better to have some sort of easy way to create weapons.
Shark boy
Years of Service
User Offline
It would also be nice if they have creator that can make any building. Like shape, size, and windows, etc.

$$Sharkboy$$
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2014 20:52
"Sharkboy" wrote: "It would also be nice if they have creator that can make any building. Like shape, size, and windows, etc. "

Thats definitely on the way, there is even a work in progress video on youtube about the building editor.

Hopefully we see some evidence in the future of a character, weapon and vehicle generator too.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2014 22:37 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2014 22:41
Quote: "It would also be nice if they have creator that can make any building. Like shape, size, and windows, etc.

"

That's what the CONKIT will be for. It hasn't be released yet though with Reloaded.

Also I should mention that I do not believe TGC is creating a modeling tool for Reloaded. Noticed a lot of the requests here in the thread were about modeling.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:08:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:08:11