Product Chat / Link to Share for Incentive Signup?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 02:40
I was curious if there is a link we can share for the incentive signup? I really (REALLY) want the jetpacks and I was thinking it might be pretty easy to post a signup link on Twitter or Facebook. Is there some kind of link that can be used? e.g. http://fpscreator.thegamecreators.com/order.php?USERNAME

Also, on a similar note, do we have to edit the "Message" box if we send out email invites or is that automatically populated with the grey sample text? It looks like it just links straight to this site too, or is tracking done via email addresses?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

If you want to share the link, you can use this one: http://en.tgcstore.net/?md=invite-friends

You may enter your own message to send to friends, if you don't, you'll send the sample one (the grey text).

Quote: "It looks like it just links straight to this site too, or is tracking done via email addresses?
"

I may just be being stupid, but I'm not quite sure what you mean here .

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 09:16
The incentive link I know about, I was kind of suggesting an alternative that would be more akin to an affiliate link so that I can send it to people without having to enter email addresses, or could be shared with a mass group of friends (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

Quote: "I'm not quite sure what you mean here."

I meant how does TGC know who has invited whom? If I send an email and then one of my friends signs up on this site, how do you I sent him/her? The grey message looked like it just links to http://fpscreator.thegamecreators.com, which is fine, but I suppose I was just curious how you are knowing the difference between a random order and an order from someone I invited.

I apologize if that sounded critical. I like the incentive scheme, and it's making me look through my friends to see who might be interested, but I wanted to make sure that I'd get the jetpack or credit if someone does sign up via an invite.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 12:44 Edited at: 15th Aug 2014 12:44
The way the system works is you invite a user by their email address, you can do this as many times as you want, the system then tracks this email and if the user ever places an order for FPSCR you and anyone else who invited that user gets a pledge even if it is a year down the line.

This is a fairer way than doing referral links as it shows that you have not just posted a link on a forum signature hoping a random person buys with it. You are actually inviting people you know and they will trust your word on FPSCR. We also use email tracking so everyone that invites a user gets a reward for doing so, this way no one loses out from a referral link system that only credits the one user although others may have been equally influential in persuading the user to pledge.

I hope all that makes sense and helps you out a bit.

They do not even need to read the email the system sends you just enter their email and from that moment any order they place for FPSCR will count.

The system used for this scheme was specially written just for this job and is designed so we can offer more items in future as well for additional emails you invite.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 22:02
Thank you, that clears everything up for me!

I'll have to get started on sending out invites

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 11:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 11:24:08