3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Uncle Wolfs 3D Bazaar

Author
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " On a related note, do you know...da codez? LINK"

lol... if the forums get like that can we get a new forum?

Quote: " But seriously, psychoanalytically speaking, all the towers etc. had a very male ...towering...style which translated onto the machine aswell. The newer building is a more rounded, curved thing without sharp edges...this is just getting worse! Lets get to the next comment "

where are these curvy things you speak of? always nice to play with those...

on topic, great work, especially love the mech, really hoping things like that will get some serious attention from the dev team so we can have much more options than the same bad guys with a different face - good luck with the animations (and all future work)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 11:19 Edited at: 14th Oct 2014 11:23
Hey there!!

@Science Boy:
Quote: "wow that is an honour,"

Likewise! Twin Worlds looks like it'll be a great title.

Quote: " how about you create something for twin worlds that you feel would be good"

What I feel would bee cool for the game are

I) A detailed, ornate sword

II) A dungeon prop (some kind of a cage with bones in it or a corpse)

III) A decorative pillar

You can choose what you feel would benefit the game the most.

@ErrantAI:

Quote: "I really love those brain sucker buoy things"

Thanks a lot! After years of working with your models, its great to hear that you like some of mine too!

Also...brain sucker buoy things sounds like a great name for a rockband.

Quote: "they would be a little easy to capsize in strong winds."

True! I did not think of that. I elongated the lower part of them, so the submerged area is longer than the dry one. That would probably not work but it looks like it would. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote: "That's got to be one of the best looking coffee tables I've ever seen. Thankyou for paying attention to woodgrain direction. That sort of thing makes all the difference.

"

Thanks a lot! Altough I must confess that this is more due to coincidence and placing the UVs where they intuitively looked best rather than knowing what I was doing. This model is from 2012 and I just got started modeling in 2011

@smallg:
Quote: "on topic, great work, especially love the mech, really hoping things like that will get some serious attention from the dev team so we can have much more options than the same bad guys with a different face - good luck with the animations (and all future work)"

Thank you! While I can't animate, I assume that a hard surfaced model as a battlemech would be easy to do for the likes of bond1 and it would be a great enemie for FPSCR. Its a machine, so the animations can be kept rather simple too... maybe whe should request it as a feature once the groundwork and performance are in a further developed state

@unfamillia:
Quote: "I didn't think about that. Would Steam integration not help towards guarding against piracy? "

Oh! Yes, as far as reloaded itself is concerned. I was referring to third party media. In Classic, Bonds and Errants Media was pirated to an obscene level and if steam attracts a bunch of "gamer" types...they don't have the same developer ethos we have.

Quote: "No.........no you're not.......it's a box in a field. "

I particuallary enjoy the type that build a scene in UDK with its stock media and are actually convinced themselves that they are working on the next blockbuster.

Quote: "I like the 'out of the box thinking' models that you make. The neon sign still looks great and that purifier is just a stroke of genius. Is that going to be quite a large asset? The screenshots don't give much in the way of scale. "

Thank you! I've always done "out of the box" artworks...which is why I always had bad grades in art classes

The new pack items are abstractions of a Luis Royo painting (he does scifi paintings and some slightly infantile fetish-fantasy stuff)

When I saw it, my brain immediately constructed a story around the scene and back then, I wanted to make a game about it! But years later, it became this pack. I noticed that these tower thingies are actually some kind of fan-like waterstirrers and envisioned the whole buildings in the background to be some kind of ...water purification? No, too boring... terraforming plant! yes! What do you need on a terraforming plant thats all about water? A filter! So I came up with this filtration coil.

And yeah! The thing is huge!

As far as the pack is concerned, the battlemech is an abstraction of these helicopter flying things, the towering buildings are kept in the style of these waterstirrers. The round building is similar to the one on the painting. Everything else I made up without reference.

Here are the stirrers:

Water stirring towers. Remotely connected. (not animated)

Its a wierd prop, I know! But it was part of the original concept so it had to be in the pack.

This wouldn't be a proper "abandoned terraforming plant" pack without some kind of computer items...so I made holographic terminals:

Holographic computer terminals and screens.

While the transparency shows up perfectly in reloaded, it has less "threshold" and appears a little more bodged and blurry. Might be due to its beta state and the current rendering engine.

And to round it all up, a generic, yet useful prop:

solar-powered streetlights. 2 Variations

Alright! That sums up the scifi pack! Next thing will be uploading them to the store and then they will be out for sale.

Now I have to get my trusty old car through the technical control board/Association for technical inspection/DMV, whatever that is in english! oooh!...the excitment

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 15:13
Quote: "Oh! Yes, as far as reloaded itself is concerned. I was referring to third party media. In Classic, Bonds and Errants Media was pirated to an obscene level and if steam attracts a bunch of "gamer" types...they don't have the same developer ethos we have. "

This is true! I didn't think about the media involved! Well, that could present an issue. What can we do as artists to protect our media?

Quote: "I particuallary enjoy the type that build a scene in UDK with its stock media and are actually convinced themselves that they are working on the next blockbuster. "

I have to be honest here; the first time I played with UDK, because of how nice everything looked, I thought I was onto a winner! Then I realised that I would need to code everything myself.......so, I came back to FPSC

Quote: "Thank you! I've always done "out of the box" artworks...which is why I always had bad grades in art classes
The new pack items are abstractions of a Luis Royo painting (he does scifi paintings and some slightly infantile fetish-fantasy stuff)"

Looking at the picture you linked, I can see where you draw inspiration from! It's fantastic art! Really gets your imagination juices flowing!

Awesome new models mate! I especially like the holo computer. I want one in my house!

Oh, with regards to the automotive testing board in England is known as MOT.

Cheers

Jay.

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 18:16
I am going to so buy those scifi models. the tower looks more like a scifi antenna.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2014 21:39
Definitely a cage and bones be great. Thanks wolf

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 16:42 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 15:15
Hello there!

Apologies for the late reply but I didn't want to bump this thread until the scifi pack is done.

@unfamillia:
Quote: "What can we do as artists to protect our media? "

Nothing but report instances when it happens. All we can really do is being laid-back about it. Ask EAI, his stuff has been pirated on obscene levels.

Quote: "I have to be honest here; the first time I played with UDK, because of how nice everything looked, I thought I was onto a winner! Then I realised that I would need to code everything myself.......so, I came back to FPSC"

We all have to live through this rite of passage Including me.

Quote: " I especially like the holo computer. I want one in my house! "

You sure? It only displays in green tones

@MXS:
Quote: "I am going to so buy those scifi models. the tower looks more like a scifi antenna."

*"steeples fingertips"* Excellent!! You can do so now! Thank you!

Yeah, many props have a very "antenna" like look. I even added it to the store-tags for some.

@Science Boy:
Quote: "Definitely a cage and bones be great. Thanks wolf "

A cage with bones? Wouldn't that be... Ghost Rider *ba dum tss*

I'll be having that ready for you in the next update.

Abandoned Terraforming Plant

Science Fiction Modelpack

Announcment:

Limited Offer: >>Reloaded Pioneer Discount<< This pack will be available for only 1000 Points until Reloaded has its official release!

79% (!) Cheaper than in individual sales!

Description:

An abandoned terraforming colonie.

This Modelpack contains everything you need to design futuristic scifi colonies /camps.

They fit well in reloadeds terrain system and are gorgeous to design complex skylines.

The Pack features enough variation to even create little scifi towns!

This pack has been leaned on retro-futuristic designs from the 70s and 80s but I kept it contemporary enough to fit in a more modern vision of the future.

Please note that while the focus of the pack was on worn and rusty assets I have also included a large amount of clean entities for games that are set in a brighter future!

Please note that the first screenshots on the store are from the oldest models uploaded.

You will find better screenshots and renders if you click "show all" or click on individual entities that interest you.

>> LINK TO THE STORE <<

Thanks for checking these out! Comments welcome !!

Cheers!

-Wolf

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2014 17:07
Wow! Incredible work - love the rusty old textures esp. on the Mech.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2014 15:16 Edited at: 24th Oct 2014 15:17
Thank you Gtox! I prefer the rusty versions over the clean ones myself

I have also been able to add the replies to previous posts to my latest post!

Now I will attempt to get this into the Unity store... if anyone has experience with that, please lemme know what I need to look out for.

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2014 20:49
Hello!

I'd like to share this small update of exclusive media for Science Boy!

Chained Cage with Skeleton (Root Model)
3482 Polygons
Exclusive Model

Alternative Versions

Empty Cages (with and without chain)

As this is a gift for science boy and only for his game (Twin Worlds) I took the liberty of using the stock FPSC skeleton, knowing that science boy does also own FPSC.

@Science Boy: I still have to give them the little thumbnail and a proper FPE. Unfortunately I have a massive headache this evening (worse for people like me who almost never have 'em compared to those who regulary get them) so I will postpone this. Look for them in your PM box one of these days.

-Wolf

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2014 21:33
Wow. Fantastic skills. Yes I have classic and x10 so safe there. I already have great ideas for them. I love them thank you wolf I wish to do the same for you. So if you require anything let me know. Again awesome work

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 18:38 Edited at: 1st Nov 2014 18:39
Thank you, Science Boy! They are now in your PM-Inbox!

Quote: "I love them thank you wolf I wish to do the same for you. So if you require anything let me know. Again awesome work

"

Thats very nice! But they are supposed to be a gift

The cages look alright in editor too:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 15:31 Edited at: 11th Nov 2014 15:31
Hello!

I haven't been doing much computer related stuff recently, but I'd like to announce what will be the next pack that you can get on the store. The reloaded ready assets from the mystics lair:

Please comment, especially if you have some idea of an entitie that I could add to that pack!

-Wolf

Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Incredible.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 20:31
hat stand, a lamp, a decanter and glass set on a tray, just throwing some ideas at you, i do like your study, lots of books, you should do a book that when you open it shows a few pages through huds, can be good for clues, or depth to a game, leave a blank page template for people.
that is something i was going to do but never got there, so i give the baton to you

lovely work again

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 20:57
Make an animated book! That lets the player turn the pages by pressing 'E'. You could have like 3-4 pages turn. That would really draw immersion.

Great looking stuff Wolf!

Cheers

Jay.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 21:07
Or how about an animated book case. Hit 'e', a book slides out and the book case swings open to reveal ...... a secret room full of Nazis.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 20:51 Edited at: 15th Nov 2014 14:10
Hey folks! Thanks for all the feedback!

@Isagabe: Thanks a lot!

@science boy: Ah! I like a man with ideas:

Hat Stand : Don't like it, but I want to make a skirt/dress holder for a while now...with a nice ornate dress on it! Just to add variety to all the guns and warfare-models in the store

a decanter and glass set on a tray: I will do these kinds of models once I know what other stock shaders reloaded will come with. Some nice reflective mapping to make them look extra faboulus should be included, I think.

Quote: "you should do a book that when you open it shows a few pages through huds, can be good for clues, or depth to a game, leave a blank page template for people.

that is something i was going to do but never got there, so i give the baton to you"

I'll have that in Shavra... making it a script I can sell should also be a good idea. We'll see...maybe I'll just release that one as a freebie.

@ unfamillia and Gtox: To be frank: I can't animate at all! But I've been reading the word book in all of your suggestions ans realised that I don't even have a bookstand, with an open book, in this pack and thats something I should adress. So on the list for this pack is definately a bookstand with an open book.

Quote: "Make an animated book! That lets the player turn the pages by pressing 'E'. You could have like 3-4 pages turn. That would really draw immersion. "

I would if I could!! Thats the kind of thing I love in games.

@gtox: There is an animated bookcase in the old TGC store (by rosstradamus). In case you need one! I'm afraid I can't deliver on that.

I've had a lazy afternoon and made this... I also made a sword in the same style but haven't textured it yet because I was playing some Morrowind. Really lazy afternoon ^_^

The Aegydian Dagger

Heavily ornate and nicelty detailed

only 700 Polygons

Available in store

- Wolf

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2014 21:41
I can do you an animated book if want and you can have and texture to how you want I leave it with you

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 00:25 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2014 17:06
Hey Science Boy!

You could do that for me? That would be fantastic in Shavra... If you're up for it, I'd gladly texture it! (or anything you'd need textured for that matter)

Speaking of texturing, I couldn't go to bed without coating the sword aswell. Deriving a texture from the diffuse of the dagger was quick and easy:

The Aegydian Sword

only 716 Polygons

Available in Store

Edit

Adding to this post

Primary Model

2570 Triangles

Diffuse: 2048²

Compressed DirectX Model

Variations

In-Engine

Polycount:

Primary: 2570

Variation1: 2210

Variation2: 1738

Variation3: 1378

Variation4: 870

Available for free here.

Curiosity

This model is a match up of 2 models. One by Jfletcher and one by erart. This kinda happened randomly and I thought the result was hilarious enough to be featured here. A serious attempt at this will totally be in Shavra though. Its a neat idea to mix and match models like this.

Aegydian Halberd

A less well made entrance in the aegydian fantasy-equipment set.

Face count: 1490

Not yet available

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 17:15 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2014 17:16
Please also concider previous post for additional goodies.

heya community.

Its about time I ressurect this thread with some models. I haven't done that much lately because I only found time to work on my game stuff every once in a while and when I did it was on a demo-level that remains a secret until further notice. Concidering how little time I have for it, it might remain a secret forever ...but I'm not a pessimist.

What I finally got around to was personalizing Jays Assault Rifle! I reimprovised some stuff I took from previously made guns and modeled in some details. this is the result!!

Click for high-res image!

Nightrage II "Fury" SOPMOD

I improvised the material for the presentation. Whenever it is astonishingly good though, its work made by unfamillia.

gotta have a chromium one, because boys will be boys.

On to some more personal stuff: I am about to finalize the aegydian fantasy set.

Aegydian Towershield

407 Polygons

Not yet available

Aegydian Quarterstaff

Please check this one out in high-res, cause I personally like it a lot.

564 Polygons

Thanks for taking a look! Please leave me some feedback.

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 20:54
OOH! I love the additions and changes to the rifle! It looks fantastic. Are you going to texture it?

Also, that staff looks amaceing......did you see what I did there? I made a funny! Sorry.....

I thought you had gone into hibernation for the winter. Good to see you are still at it and making more eye candy for us.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2014 15:39
Quote: "OOH! I love the additions and changes to the rifle! It looks fantastic. Are you going to texture it? "

Thank you! Honestly, that was the reaction I was trying to get. I'm not sure I find the time to texture all of that though.

Quote: "Also, that staff looks amaceing......did you see what I did there? I made a funny! Sorry....."

Ahm! ...well! The Aegydian set won't get a mace...it should seem a little more civilized and a mace is pretty fricking medieval. The next set maybe.

Quote: "I thought you had gone into hibernation for the winter. Good to see you are still at it and making more eye candy for us.
"

Oh! Not at all, I love the winter. I'm more active throughout the winter than I am throughout the summer.

-Wolf

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 8th Dec 2014 16:21
Hi Wolf - any idea when your mystics lair pack will be in the store - I want to buy it !

Oh and thanks for those free buildings - they look great

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2014 14:09
@cybernescence: Thats a cool nick, by the way!

Thanks for your interest in my models, the only reason why the mystics lair pack isn't on the store yet is because its an indoor only pack that needs to be presented with a neat indoor level. I have
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 07:55
Shut up and take my republic credits!

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 14:40 Edited at: 12th Dec 2014 22:43
Quote: "Shut up and take my republic credits!"

Thanks a lot!! I wish you a lot of fun with the scifi pack!

There should be a brand new one available by the end of january/early february!

Edit: Most of the content from the scifi-pack is now available for individual sale. The Pack will remain discounted until reloaded has a full release.

Minor update:

I had some fun with these lowpoly models trying to figure out "Displacment Mapping". I find the results to be very servicable. These are very useful architectural props:

Towering Pillar (Desert Themed)

138 Polygons

Available in store

Knowing that my desert themed game isn't everyones genre I did also craft an alternate version more suiting your regular fantasy/medieval theme!

Towering Pillar

138 Polygons

Available in store

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 18:49
We interrupt our regularly scheduled program for a new pack I put on the store:

The Dephts of R'lyeh Pack

(I used to have a really cool title card for this but I've lost the file)

And much more in the pack!
Available once approved in store

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 00:47 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2014 00:47
Hello!

There are 2 props from the R'lyeh pack that have not been approved just yet. Once they are cleared I'm sure the pack will be clear for sale aswell!

Aegydian Bow

Polycount 1248

Not yet available

This is the last prop from the "aegydian" weapon set. I will upload them to the store soon and pack them together.

Feedback is always warmly welcome.

-Wolf

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2014 11:32
Wait.............wait wait wait!

Have you figured out how to get weapons in game? If you have, I demand you tell me this instance!

AWESOME looking bow, by the way! I love how everything you make, looks as though it all fits together so nicely! Your style is so unique and just plain cool.

Good work again buddy.

Happy Christmas and a very good new year to you, sir.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 15:06
Quote: "Wait.............wait wait wait! "

Woah!! All units, slow down to impulse speed, invert propulsion engines and cast the anchor!
What is it, ensign?

Quote: "Have you figured out how to get weapons in game? If you have, I demand you tell me this instance! "

No! Not yet at least. I still haven't converted half of my FPSC Classic media over to reloaded so I haven't had time to look into that all that detailed. Early attempts had the weapon working -the hands, the diffuse and the animations that is.
If I had the weapons working you'd already have my SMG in your PM box

Quote: "Good work again buddy.

Happy Christmas and a very good new year to you, sir. "

Likewise!! Next year is going to be interesting for me. My studies will be over and I will move out of my old place. I do hope to have sufficent time to get some gamemaking done aswell.

All the best,

-Wolf

Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 22:22
Quote: "Early attempts had the weapon working -the hands, the diffuse and the animations that is."

Try again if you had issues like invisible weapons but visible hands. Support for unskinned meshed is better now.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 22:00
Quote: "Try again if you had issues like invisible weapons but visible hands. Support for unskinned meshed is better now."

True! Some of your weapons work now!

Mine remains a floating black gun without hands Thanks for the headsup but I guess I'll just wait until FPSCR is further developed before I go into weapons.

-Wolf

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2014 06:20
The weapon and hands need to be skinned together, if they are separate objects (or combined into one object) ie you need to apply the skin modifier to the group, not individually.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2014 22:24
Quote: "Woah!! All units, slow down to impulse speed, invert propulsion engines and cast the anchor!
What is it, ensign?"

Phew! Thanks for waiting! I have been trying to catch up for a while

Quote: "No! Not yet at least. I still haven't converted half of my FPSC Classic media over to reloaded so I haven't had time to look into that all that detailed. Early attempts had the weapon working -the hands, the diffuse and the animations that is."

That's closer than I have got with my attempts! Although, I think I am being lazy and not really putting 100% in. In the new year, I will try harder!

Quote: "If I had the weapons working you'd already have my SMG in your PM box"

I ................. I love you.......

Quote: "Likewise!! Next year is going to be interesting for me. My studies will be over and I will move out of my old place. I do hope to have sufficent time to get some gamemaking done aswell."

I wish you the very best of luck with your studies and moving! Moving can be a real drain.

Hope you had a nice Christmas!

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 23:09 Edited at: 7th Jan 2015 00:27
@Gtox

Quote: "The weapon and hands need to be skinned together, if they are separate objects (or combined into one object) ie you need to apply the skin modifier to the group, not individually. "

My software is so ancient that it does
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 10:19
Quote: "Then lets get married and have a whole bunch of Wolfamillias! Which is the oddest sentence I wrote all evening... "

It may be the oddest sentence, but, probably the most awesome as well!

Quote: "Its a hobby after all! I'm also usually too clustered with other stuff to have sufficient energy to put in game making, altough I do want to make a game this year that sells."

I am struggling to find the motivation to even play games recently, never-mind make them! I opened my Steam library for the first time in about 2 months last night, ready to play some games; however, I was greeted with around 16 game updates. After seeing that, I lost interest, minimised steam and let it update everything. I might try again tonight! haha.

With regards to a game you are selling, I can imagine Spyra would do very well! If you start full development now, in around 18 months, you should have a wonderfully polished game and the engine would have matured somewhat, bringing new features and more stability to the table. You have the skills, now, you just need to find the motivation!

Quote: "Thank you very much! I'm gonna need it! I had a lovely christmas with the folks. Christmas tree, big meal, draining choir music... very old fashioned I hope yours was good too and happy new one!"

Sounds very much like my Christmas; except, I had two young kiddies running around screaming with all their new toys! haha. My kids have brought the magic back into Christmas for me.

I was thinking about trying my hand at some fantasy pieces; have you any good sites or reference books that you could recommend? It will be a new challenge for me, as I haven't tried to model anything in that genre previously, so, looking forward to that.

All the best buddy!

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 19:57 Edited at: 8th Jan 2015 20:01
Hey!

Quote: "I am struggling to find the motivation to even play games recently, never-mind make them! I opened my Steam library for the first time in about 2 months last night, ready to play some games; however, I was greeted with around 16 game updates. After seeing that, I lost interest, minimised steam and let it update everything. I might try again tonight! haha. "

I know what its like

Quote: "With regards to a game you are selling, I can imagine Spyra would do very well! If you start full development now, in around 18 months, you should have a wonderfully polished game and the engine would have matured somewhat, bringing new features and more stability to the table. You have the skills, now, you just need to find the motivation!"

Thanks for your confidence, but I honestly doubt it. It would probably have an audience if I where to release it for free...but sell? Its a very story-heavy game and in-game cutscenes, voice acting or at least a solid dialogue system ala Morrowind for all its characters that interact would be too much for me to handle on a commericalisable level. There is just so much that will likely end up cringe-worthy

I'm pretty sure I will pause it for a while and make a more simple game this year that I develop alongside the engine.

Quote: "My kids have brought the magic back into Christmas for me.

"

Aww!! Yes,its wildly different if there are only adults. Who brings the present where you live? Santa or Baby Jesus?

Quote: "I was thinking about trying my hand at some fantasy pieces; have you any good sites or reference books that you could recommend? It will be a new challenge for me, as I haven't tried to model anything in that genre previously, so, looking forward to that. "

Hmm!! No, sorry. I have some reference images lying around but they are from all over the place. What exactly are you trying to make, perhaps I got something...otherwise Screenshots of other games as a reference? I know many modelleres who use that. I'm looking forward to what you will make!!

The Arkane Enchanter was the first item I uploaded to the store and I am happy to say that the standing torch (1808 Polygons) has found its way there now aswell!!

-Wolf

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 15:50 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 15:51
I really have my hands full lately. Many important and possibly livechanging decisions have to be made and I also got a lot of appointments so naturally that is the time to procrastinate and do something entirely useless on the computer. I'm also going to texture it because...why stop now?

-Wolf

Attachments

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 21:34
Really good stuff in here Wolf. Reminds me a lot of Skyrim. Have you had any luck getting the weapons in engine?

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 22:06 Edited at: 28th Jan 2015 22:08
Thank you!!

No, I haven't tried since my attempts a few months ago. I don't have my own rig and can't animate so I don't have the motivation. I leave that to the people who know what they are doing in this regard.

And I textured the gun...only because I said I would and thus its a rushed job. There isn't much I'm going to do with this model.

-Wolf

Attachments

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2015 17:38
fantastic work wolf, any news on the book? anyway awesome piece of arsenal. reminds me league of extraordinary gentlemen, nemo stuff. really nice work

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 20:25 Edited at: 9th Feb 2015 20:30
Thank you Science Boy!

I haven't looked into making the book work yet or much LUA script for that matter. To tell you the truth, I didn't do much regular gamemaking at all recently. I will however get to it!

I have a new pack reloaded ready, its my personal favorite:

**** BUY NOW ***

**** BUY NOW ***

-Wolf

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 06:13
High quality models, nice!
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2015 22:39
Thanks Gtox! Some of these are available on the local store aswell.

-Wolf

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2015 10:49
Finally you've released the 'mystic' pack Thank you!

Just purchased, looking forward to using this awesome work.

Cheers.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2015 17:43
Quote: "Finally you've released the 'mystic' pack Thank you!

Just purchased, looking forward to using this awesome work."

Thanks a lot!
The pack is sent! Enjoy Out of curiosity, are you using it for a gameguru/reloaded project?

-Wolf

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 22:55
Quote: "Out of curiosity, are you using it for a gameguru/reloaded project?"

Hey wolf - thanks for the mystic pack again. It looks great inside GG!

As a slow burn side-line project (but one I'm really interested in and enjoy), I'm working on a steampunk title, tentatively called "Steam Gothica" - so your pack fits in perfectly with that trope. As does your weapon - want to sell that too ?

(You may have changed this already - but just some feedback on your online shop - you may want to state that purchasers will receive download links within 24 hours - or whatever you decide. I wasn't worried because I 'knew' you from these forums, but anyone coming cold to your purchase site might start to wonder ...)

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 23:19
Stuff is looking great. What a nice variety.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 22:10 Edited at: 28th Feb 2015 22:11
Hey everybody.

I have been busy for a little while but am now back and working on models and media

Quote: "As a slow burn side-line project (but one I'm really interested in and enjoy), I'm working on a steampunk title, tentatively called "Steam Gothica" - so your pack fits in perfectly with that trope. As does your weapon - want to sell that too ?"

That sounds interesting!! The title is indeed tentative but steampunk-gothic makes for great environments. Yes, the weapon is available if you want it, you can PM or E-mail me about it!

Quote: "(You may have changed this already - but just some feedback on your online shop - you may want to state that purchasers will receive download links within 24 hours - or whatever you decide. I wasn't worried because I 'knew' you from these forums, but anyone coming cold to your purchase site might start to wonder ...)"

That makes perfect sense and I didn't even think of it. I'll change that soon and add some notes about that.

Quote: "Stuff is looking great. What a nice variety."

Thank you!! Variety is important to me...that way it doesn't get boring. Speaking of boring! I made some boring prototype models for a new scene. It'll be the last of my more tame packs. After that I'll do primarily freelance and more wild stuff.
This is for a Leadwerks Project but most will also be available for GG

Parlour Couch

Large paintings (handpainted). Notice specularity induced paint effect.

Experimenting with some transparency.

banner and tables

by the way: are the screenshots showing up well for you?

-Wolf

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2015 23:14
I revive this thread with something I just posted in the freebie section:

and something that will be available in the store soon (if approved):

Planetary Topograph

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:33:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:33:26