Product Chat / [LOCKED] Fight the Incentive!

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 18:25 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 18:29
Do we really need this?

Read Lees latest blog

http://fpscreloaded.blogspot.co.at/2014/08/occlusions-hot-fix-and-free-flight.html?m=1

Lets keep Reloaded what it is and dont make us start to run away.

The way you can gain more pledgers is by adding more stuff to the mix.

We need a melee system and no am not saying that a Jetpack is a bad thing but makin ppl suggest reloaded to a friend to get 8 different lookin jetpacks is am sry to say nonsense.

The way to gain more pledges is by showing what can be done with Reloaded.

The reason am suggesting flamethrowers and gravityguns is not because my game would depend on this, it doesnt.

Am suggesting this because the base is already there and plenty of ppl would pledge simply because stuff like that.

A way to earn money would be to sell the

Jetpack

Flamethrower

Gravitygun

For 1000/2000 store points

And am sure plenty of ppl would buy it!

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 18:36
Get a good solid engine and the rest will follow! the problem is people see the sort of performance it gives and say no thanks i know it is still beta but it need performance before anything.

no point adding anything to something that struggles with a map with only trees in it

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 18:41
The performance is and will always be priority.
What am talkin about is instead of feeding us with this incentive thing, tgc should develope things that can make reloaded a all purpose fps engine.
No matter what, lee will always work on toys such as the jetpack.

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 18:47
Personally I don't like the tone of the thread title, and contents of the OP's post personally, the way it's been worded is to incite a heated debate on the merits of TGC wanting to reward people for bringing on new people.

This has been discussed with internal tester, and the majority agreed to be happy with the idea, the jetpack just needs a little more work done.

However that said, "fight the incentive" is uncalled for, for the simple reason there is nothing stopping a 3rd party for creating their own version of the jet pack, as the code and scripting commands already exist, TGC is going out of their way to provide free media, that the provide at a loss.

TGC is better off getting 100 people signing up to gold than a 100 x 1200 point sales, thought either method will result more funding to the project, but one will just provide more, considering flame thrower and melee attack will be eventually available given enough time with or without the incentive scheme.

It's really a no brainer on TGC's part.

And guys just remember in the long term, the more funding received the more likely your requests will be incorporated, as some point TGC will probably add to the incentive or change the incentive on a monthly basis, and the jet packs will be available in the store to purchase any ways.
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 18:53
Am still no fan of this, an wording the thread was not ment to start a heat debate, it was ment to make tgc rethink this.

There are many more ppl in the community and not just the internal testers!
Am speaking out what i believe is for zhe better.

PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 19:16 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 19:24
A scheme like this takes hardly any time away from the core engine team and has the possibility to bring in more sales to help support TGC in the goal to build an amazing engine.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

As The Next has said, this has taken no major resources from development, and while not to everyone's taste will be to others and should really just be considered another weapon in the Reloaded arsenal.. I'm locking this thread now as experience has shown that these these kinds of threads offer no benefit and can quickly escalate.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:16:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:16:21