Product Chat / Point Sampling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 14:34 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 14:36
I may have gotten this mixed up with another effect but is there anyway to use Point Sampling in FPS Creator Reloaded?

I've taken some textures and reduced their size and then scaled them back up in low quality so they look blocky, no filtering on the textures yet in game, going up close to a texture, you can see the pixels have blurred edges to them. I'd like to get rid of that.

Since the textures I'm trying to use will be slightly pixelated it means if I scale a texture down to 192x192 and run the game with that, the edges of each pixel are really blurry. I have to scale the texture up to 1024x1024 to get it to look normal but even then as I said, the edges still look blurry but you need to be up close to see them

If you need pictures of what I mean, I can post.

Note: I do not want to enable Point Sampling in my Video Card settings as it means it'll just work for me, and others would need to set it too.

Specs: Intel Core i5 4570, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, Powercoler Radeon R9 280X Turbo Duo
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 16:58 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 17:01
If you're intentionally going for that type of pixelated look, open the entity shader in a text editor like notepad, look for any lines that have this, there will be multiple instances:

MipFilter = LINEAR;

MinFilter = ANISOTROPIC;

MagFilter = LINEAR;

And change it to this:

MipFilter = POINT;

MinFilter = POINT;

MagFilter = POINT;

To TOTALLY get rid of any type of smoothing, you may want to repeat this procedure for the post process shader as well.

SPECS: Intel Corei7 3770k, Nvidia GTX780, 16GB RAM, Win7 Pro

kW-Xport for 3ds Max:http://mjblosser.com/kw-x-port-for-3ds-max/
Red Image Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 17:54
Thank you, it worked

Sadly it's created some graphics issues with shading but that's probably because I messed with some of the other files.

Thanks for the help, the pixelated sytle actually looks quite nice in Reloaded.

On a side note, is it possible to reduce the size/brightness of the lightstreak? If so what lines am I looking to change in the files?

This is what it looks like btw

http://i.imgur.com/mnvvNLd.png

Specs: Intel Core i5 4570, 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz, Powercoler Radeon R9 280X Turbo Duo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 13:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 13:33:10