Product Chat / Build V1.0085 Released

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 14:51 Edited at: 16th Aug 2014 14:52
Yep, that's what I've been doing since very early on. I have Classic installed and the only effect it has had on Reloaded is when I load a map in Classic, exit, and launch Reloaded, that map appears in the list of recently opened maps. I assume that info is stored in a temp file somewhere. I haven't tried that in a couple betas so I don't know if it still does it. Doesn't really bother me.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 15:48
I'm running on a 64-bit system and it works like a charm. But I'm running Win 7, not Win 8.1.

I would try an complete uninstall of FPSCR, manually delete any files/directory that may still exist. Then run CClean to delete all temp-files and any references in the registry that may still exist.

Hardware: Intel i5 3,2 Ghz - 8 GB ram - Asus NVIDIA GTX 760 - Win Pro 7 64-bit
PM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 22:44 Edited at: 16th Aug 2014 22:45
I'm running a 64-bit system with windows 8.1 and have not had a problem installing any beta release after and including 1.007.

I always make a backup copy of the entity folder, before I install any new beta, only because it contains several custom entity folders.

I have not needed the backup yet.

Windows pro 8.1 with 8.1 update,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
I never backup the entity folder... I don't think the uninstall affects it. For each version I simply go to add/remove programs in control panel, uninstall fps creator reloaded and then I run the new install. But then I don't really mod the engine files... I tend to stick with the defaults. Works fine!
PM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was lead to believe that the inability to shoot through the wire link fence had been resolved. Not so it seems, the bad guys can cause the player damage by shooting through the fence but the player does not have the same advantage. Still not able to inflict any damage to any of the defenders through the fence.

Windows pro 8.1 with 8.1 update,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 10:51
Perhaps release just a binaries would be sufficient.

3com
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 12:06
Thanks for the feedback so far, I have copied them all into my revised V1.009 task list. For greater transparency, here is my current work list for V1.009 (does not include what Ravey and Simon are doing):

FILE > IMPORT in addition to F2 for the IDE (only required AFTER hot fix as part of V1.009)
Enemies can still walk into the edge of the water when it dips down sharply, increase border around water bodies
I was lead to believe that the inability to shoot through the wire link fence had been resolved. Not so it seems
Test LUSH and LUSH2 to ensure the distant mega texture terrain is not black
1) Performance is still not up to V1.0071 levels.
2) Black textures on some models
3) Animar converted characters break in Reloaded (This is making users angry as Animar is sold as being able to convert characters for Reloaded, which isn't currently the case with the latest builds).
4) Landmine script needs converting to an array so they explode correctly.
5) Jet pack 'jet' sound 'annoying?'
6) Weapon accuracy is too random, users would prefer player skill to be the deciding factor. Make accuracy a factor distance (and gun range), and set defaults to deadly accurate for all weapons
able to have ISCHARACTER=1 and RAGDOLL=0 to allow custom animations
Add property for accuracy on weapons, and ensure by default they are mega-accurate
When CRASH while in IDE editor (not test game), IDE messes up on RESTORE, do LESS during restore (find code)
When drag around entity with new widget, ensure entity positions are updated so RIGHT CLICK works - no jump offset
Replace CIRCLE highlighter with entity shrink-wrap highlighter (instance and scale existing highlight object)
Conect the PRP button in widget to show entity properties panel so user can make changes and click APPLU
Perspective Editing in IDE Editor (WASD to move, right mouse on nothing to rotate camera), et.c.
Quickly test HUGE level which crashes with V1.0085 (5GB of files) and fix any engine irregularities
Prototype to take a series of objects, merge them into a single group of meshes, lightmap them and replace orig objs
Integrate a pre-bake process which can process static entities (as above) when save standalone or key in test game
Add REDO to the UNDO feature so you can undo the undo, so retain last action and repeat it if subseq. undo used
Add UNDO and REDO to the EDIT MENU
Load in the The Escape and play it, then load in GTTR and when you load/play it, memory crash reproducible
Detect if they have less than 1GB and inform the user of this
5. Characters need to be able to go inside buildings
I placed a Guy into a building in my private Level and he is only walking towards the wall - have characters walk INSIDE buildings using new AI obstacle system
9. When placing certain entities down (characters, weapons, etc) have new flag which does NOT stack the item!
Need thumbnail for all new modern day crate and gasmask assets
Need to find a way to silently fail the IMAGE ERROR (due to no video mem left), so that we can use a checker texture to indicate we have run out of video memory (1000% beter than an out and out crash). Also see if the VEGMASK texture can be pre-reserved and re-used so level painting is ALWAYS maintained - SIMONS IDEA to have an automatic texture reduction system in play so video memory never runs out as textures are squashed constantly make room

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 12:10
@Uman : Can you send me the model and the FPM which shows the black tree issue? Thanks!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 14:14
Quote: "Need to find a way to silently fail the IMAGE ERROR (due to no video mem left), so that we can use a checker texture to indicate we have run out of video memory "

Why do we have to fail on this at all? In my experience, if something doesn't fit into video texture memory then it goes into system memory and then DX9 or OpenGL or whatever just swaps textures in and out of video memory automatically. While being a performance hit, that's our problem and not yours. There really shouldn't be an artificial memory limit in the engine.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 15:33
Quote: "Enemies can still walk into the edge of the water when it dips down sharply, increase border around water bodies."

Quote: "I placed a Guy into a building in my private Level and he is only walking towards the wall - have characters walk INSIDE buildings using new AI obstacle system"

I'm really new onboard, and I do not nothing about engine internally.
Anyway, I can remember ago time in Div Game Studio using collision map, in order to prevent this behaviour; when ai get collision with IE., a wall/Water border, then ai backward one or two steps automatically.

Quote: "SIMONS IDEA to have an automatic texture reduction system in play so video memory never runs out as textures are squashed constantly make room"

That's a good idea. If you can calculate the amount of video memory that the level needed to run properly, plus you can get the amount of video memory of the user; Reloaded then can run the automatic texture reduction system, automatically, if necessary.

3com
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 15:44
Quote: "That's a good idea. If you can calculate the amount of video memory that the level needed to run properly, plus you can get the amount of video memory of the user"

As I stated before, these memory limits are artificial. Modern drivers don't crash if you run out of video memory. The textures just go into system memory. If you run out of system memory then it gets cached to disk. There should be no reason for the engine to ever crash or complain that you're out of memory.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 16:02
Quote: "Modern drivers don't crash if you run out of video memory"

I guess Lee is thinking about computers, let's say, low-resource, and only if necessary.
Not a bad idea,that your game can also run, on these computers.
Would be like a routine that would seek the user's screen resolution, to see if it need to adjust it, or back to user screen resolution, when game end.

3com
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee,

I don't have the .fpm as I have gone back to V1.071 and have recompiled (published) the level (game) with that over writing the V1.08 + version.

I any case I had found that on publishing via V1.071 the game was missing a texture on another entity (black entity) and not the tree in this instance. As it happens the issues seems to simply have been one of the entity texture not being copied into the published game folder and copying it manually fixes the issue so no big deal in V1.071. In the latest version not sure as I have heard say (written) by some there may be issue due to file encryption though I have no idea if that's actually the case.

Seems to be a minor thing if I am correct in its just the texture missing from the publish folder as we can always copy across manually if need be though would be good if we did not have to of course.

Thanks anyway.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 21:26
Quote: "we can always copy across manually"

This does not work in 1.8 i believe it is down to the encryption as you said as copying them manually in 1.7 they are ok.

I have also went back to 1.7 for all i use the program now.

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 26th Aug 2014 15:12
Finally got the computer back and tested both versions. I don't get any bug until now, but I realised two things. The first is that when we are low on energy, everything gets red and it's impossible to know where shooting comes from. The second thing is that the rpg guy is not affected by is own shot. When he fires, everything around him gets dammaged but him.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Slim Tonone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2014 02:39 Edited at: 7th Sep 2014 02:46
3com I had the same problem starting with 1.006, 7, and 8. I uninstalled multiple times, manually removed all reloaded files etc (on this pc).1.005 and lower were zip files and 1.006 and up are application files. To make a long story short if I go to All programs, open the game creators folder, open the fps creator reloaded folder, right click on fpscreator reloaded, and run as administrator it will work.

I would not get past a black editor window or lock up loading files whether I ran it as admin or open from the files application or shortcut.

This might work for some and it is easier than going into the registry.
PM
MidstTheOrb
Years of Service
User Offline
Help, please. Where can I find the beta download? Can't find it on the product page.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 14:37 Edited at: 19th Oct 2014 14:39
Quote: "Help, please. Where can I find the beta download? Can't find it on the product page. "

On the top of this page go to your account....Sign in....then go to Order History.....you should find it there
PM
ChaoticRetro
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing update TGC.
Can't wait for V.1009
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 00:18:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 00:18:27