Product Chat / Making indoor level

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 00:13
I'll quickly introduce myself (I don't see a place to do it elsewhere), my name is Lance but I go by the name The Big ZK in the gaming world. I stumbled upon the TGC site not long ago by chance. Best thing that's happened to me in a while! I'm now a gold pledger and owner of a few TGC software programs. I have a couple questions about Reloaded, I noticed that one of the winners of the recent competition had an indoor asylum game. How do you make indoor levels like that in FPSCR? All I've been able to do is make outdoor levels and some buildings you can walk into a little bit. I would like to make an indoor level like you can in FPSC Classic, but with the Reloaded graphics. Is there something in the store that has this ability or was that game (asylum) mostly custom stuff? One more question, if I make multiple levels now will I be able to link them together as a stand alone game (like you can in Classic) in a future version of Reloaded or should I wait until it's actually available to start making multiple levels? Thanks for the help!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

The indoor level created for the competition was built using entities from the horror pack that as a gold pledger you will already have. Characters can't enter buildings at the moment, but this is a planned addition of a release soon.

We plan to add full multi-level support soon as well, but haven't quite fleshed out all of the plans. There's nothing to stop you from planning out your levels now, but as with all betas, although we try to ensure backward compatibility, new features can cause a rethink on level design for the developer.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
QatariGameDev
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 08:55
Just been surprised myself too for the indoor scenes from one of the entry as well, i think TGC team or any forum member should be a dedicated trainer to share some tips or tutorials, even it was a 10 minutes youtube videos, I'm surprised for the possibility FPSC-R got with the current releases..
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 09:20
Very impressed with rolfy lighting. How he swung a light source I will never know

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 11:43
Making indoor levels is just as easy (if not easier) than making outdoor levels.

Just make sure that when you are placing the blocks of the room that you are in 'grid placement' mode. You can use this by pressing 'B'. There are 3 levels of grid placement, 1 - free mode (doesn't align to grid at all, 2 - aligns to small increments of the grid, 3 - aligns to whole floor sections.

You need to use the largest (option 3), then all of the models will link together seamlessly.

I made the indoor level for the competition and had a bucket load of fun doing it!

ScienceBoy, I believe Rolfy achieved his results by baking out the textures in his modelling software (3DS Max) then he using the animate shader to animate the texture. Obviously, he had to animate the light entity as well. However, as we all know, Rolfy is Rolfy.

Cheers

Jay.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 12:31 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 12:32
Quote: " think TGC team or any forum member should be a dedicated trainer to share some tips or tutorials"

We have a growing range of tutorials here

We're hoping to get a couple more up this week and I'll add creating indoor scenes to the list.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
The Big ZK
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 15:54
Thanks for all the info! I see the horror pack entities now, I just never tried any of them. And thanks for the tip unfamilia, I'll definitely be playing around with indoor level creation now. Looking forward to some more tutorials too
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 16:16
I hope you support videos with pdf/word documents, it is so easy to understand (non native english speakers like me) and you can print them as well.

Also I thinks would be nice a lets say "special words" thread on board. IE. I had readed i another thread something like " conkit is WIP internally", I do not know what WIP means, and many other words like that.

3com
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You can also find Scene Commanders excellent tutorials here under Tutorials..
http://www.reloadedfiles.co.uk/

And maybe grab a free model or two
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 22:21
We are also working on the Construction Kit full steam now, and each day it's looking better and better. We've just got walls connecting now and we should have fully enclosed interiors before too long Graphics are too early for public consumption but the functionality is so cool, can't wait to share it in the near future! P.S. I have 'characters inside buildings' on my task list for V1.009 which will help I think!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:27:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:27:14