3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Dexsoft assets ...l issue on import... and some general question about materials

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi to all ...
I'm tring to import some dexsoft assets I have into fpscr and specifically scifi low poly level assets

http://www.3dmodels-textures.com/store/Sci-Fi-models/SCi-Filow-poly

but after choose the model I want (in .x format obviously) and the respective tga textures for specified model.. and after i create the fpe file

after I copy them model in enetitybank folder inside fpscr when I put the model into the editor I have only a small model (even I scaled the model to 3000 into the fpe file ) an only internal object of the model are displayed like grates, lamps and panels but the floors and walls are not displayed and can enter the invisible model from where I want

I done the same with my castle I bought from arteria 3d and all works fine..so I think method is right...

I tried the same models into unity and Unreal Engine 4 and all works fine (with fbx format obviuosly)

where I wrong??

Another question

I noticed that many objects have multiple textures like _d(for diffuse) _s(for specular) _n (for nomrmal, e_(for emissive) etc...

In unity sand UE4 I can use hem setting a material and apply them to material and obtain grea results...can FPscr do somethin like that..or is another way to use addiitonal textures to boost the quality of the models???

thanks in advance

leon

PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA HD6870 1GB - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 21:42 Edited at: 11th Aug 2014 21:45
Can you post a screenshot of the model in a 3D editor so I can get an idea of what whe are looking at?

Are you sure the walls are in the model? Dexsoft often has multiple models...one with the walls, one with the interior parts. Perhaps its just a misunderstanding.

Quote: "In unity sand UE4 I can use hem setting a material and apply them to material and obtain grea results...can FPscr do somethin like that..or is another way to use addiitonal textures to boost the quality of the models??? "

Yes. The "effect" line in the fpe assigns a shader, something like a material, to the entitie. As of now, entity_basic which uses _S and _N textures is the most popular, but I bet other shaders will be added. You can edit these shaders with the windows notepad. They often have tweakable settings.

You should be able to use many to all the shaders from FPSCClassic aswell and I'm certain that many will come out for reloaded...in time.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 21:57
i also bought alot of packs from dexsoft and have had to fix them in 3dmax to work with reloaded as there .x files dont work so well load up the fbx files and convert it to .x and they work ok.

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
Atlantis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 02:35
I inquired about their model packs working well with FPS Creator and they said they hadn't tested them in it. So hence no sale. It appears most of these model sellers are catering to Unity.
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 09:35 Edited at: 12th Aug 2014 09:47
thanks for our replies..I'm attaching 2 images.. one for the model into 3ds max 2104 and another for the model I have into fpscr

@ TattieBoJangle

about import in fbx and export in x I dont know how I can do , because if I attempt to export my fbx loaded file in X into 3ds max 2104 I cannot export in X but only in other formats... maybe must i use and downlaod an external exporter for X

edit

I found the kW X-porter for 3ds Max 2014 64 bit on Bond1 site

http://mjblosser.com/kw-x-port-for-3ds-max/

but I dont know how I can install it.. can some help ...thanks...

PC Specs:

PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 10:11
Copy the kwxport.dle file that you downloaded to the 'Plugins' folder (NOT plug-ins) in your 3ds Max installation folder e.g. C:\Program Files (x64)\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\plugins

Start up 3ds max again and then should be able to export to X.

Are you definitely running the 64bit version?

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 10:48 Edited at: 12th Aug 2014 10:49
ok I done all ..applied plugin to max and exported it a .X file and it's works (meantime I obatined the same with Deep Exploration 5.7..grea software...opened the fbx and save as X)...

thanks Legend......

biut now as you can see in the picture my model is completely black ..it seems have _N and _S textures APLLIED TO IT but diffuse doesnt be applied and the models seems to be not affecteb by light even if I put a light into it and if I use flashlight to light to it..

and this is a pic of all textures for the specified model

PC Specs:

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 10:55 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 11:55
I managed a bit and solved my import problem... now assets are correclty displaied with all textures BUT

I have some other issues..

first models/texturs lost all their effect (specular, emissive, normal, heightmap) ad only diffuse is used and light cannot go trought grates

some pics into reloaded

[href][/href]

[href][/href]

the same corridor into unreal engine 4

[img][/img]

[href][/href]

I'm using the effect entitybasic.fx but the result is very pooor...

any tip to improve visual and correclty displays textrues like specular, normal, hemissive ,hegihtmap,ect???

Another issue is that models are display only internal and I can see throught from external but collison works correcly.. But I know this i the models itself due I have that on UE4 and unity too...

I bypassed it in UE4 set material as "two sided"..how can I solve this on relaoded??

pic

[href][/href]

EDIT..

I noticed that the black room image I posted in my 3rd post is the model I exported from fbx format and after exported to .X

that model has specularity and normal applied to it but doesnt display any texture even if I copied all related textures into the folder of the model

the model I posted in my last post are exported from .lwo format that automaticaly exported all textures into the same folder of the model but lost specularity, normals,emissive ,ect...

is there a way can I have all and boot the aspect of the engine ???

I bought leadwerks last night and I imported these stuffs few minutes ago to test and I simply drag & drop them into assets folder and all works fine with all effects...

Why fpsc must be always so tedious???

PC Specs:

PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 12:08
You are working with 3 engines at the same time? Interesting! I went through a stage of trying different engines, I tried, Cryengine, UDK, Unity, S2 Engine, Torque and even Blender Game Engine, but, I have always come back to FPSC due to my lack of knowledge of coding.

I see you are using UE4, is it true that you can pay the subscription once, cancel it and then you have the full software to play with until you need to release something?

On a side note, I would always recommend learning how to model you own entities, that way, you wouldn't run into troubles like you have. The models you have posted above are relatively simple models as well, so, you wouldn't struggle to replicate them.

Cheers

Jay.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 13:38 Edited at: 13th Aug 2014 13:49
working..is a great WORD...LOL....

is more correct to say that I'm experimenting with 3 (4 with my recent Leadwerks buy) engines...and Yes..you can subscribe once..donwload the engines and the marketplaces assets out during your sbscription and cancel subscripion continuing to use the engine version you have and eventually resubscrive in future to download new version..(today I renew my second monthly subscription to ue4 lol)

in UE4 "coding" with blueprints is easily and fun and work like a charm..it's a visual scripting language like was kismet in udk but more powerful and flexible...

I often come to fpsc too as you due my lack of coding and time but everytime I get stucked with basic issues ( like multitextured support in fps creator classic and reloaded too...I opened several topic in the old e new forum without any solution for that) and I lost my interest to fpsc sgain ..again..and again...

Leadwerks use lua scripting that reloaded use too so I bought Leadwerks too (indie version is o steam at 50% discount) so if I must learn a new language I can use it in Leadwerks and Reloaded both..

abuot my model issue..it is true that these are simple models and I can easily replicate them but I use them to experimenting and learn the import techniques since I have tons of other complex models I bought in years and I would to use them in my games..

and most important..I'm negate to modelling lol

any tip?

PC Specs:

PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 11:01
I might have a look at UE4, I was always interested in UDK and enjoyed making simple maps with it, but, having the raw power of the actual unreal engine sounds pretty awesome!

With regards to your models. I think you will always struggle when buying 3rd party. Some modellers are just in this to make a quick buck. Others are into modelling as they actually enjoy it and they take the time to create models properly and respond well to 'their' customers. I would try to contact the artist themselves and ask if they could fix the models for you.

I know that is someone had an issue with my models that they had purchased from the store, I would try my best to fix it. I want all of my work to be as perfect as my skills will allow.

Failing that, take a look at the 'Artists available for free work' thread and ask one of those lovely people if they might take a look into fixing the model for you.

Cheers

Jay.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 12:59
I have the same models in reloaded from dexsoft but my god do they look pretty in unreal engine 4

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 - 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 6GB GPU - 32GB DDR3 MEM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
I have the same models in reloaded from dexsoft but my god do they look pretty in unreal engine 4 "

have you my same models?? can you please explain me how I can apply all correct effect to them (normals, speculatiy, ect)???

I very appreciate that..

PC Specs:

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 21:54
These look better in the unreal engine because most you see is light and shadow. Both does not yet exist in reloaded.

Just send me the model via PM and I make it ready for you. I'm a customer at dexsoft myself and I guess my word should suffice that I will not use this model afterwards.

-Wolf

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
your word is absolutely suffice for me...dont worry...

You are a milestone of fps creator and a Guru for us all so I have not any prolem if you want to use models I 'll send to you...

I come back now from a long day ..and now I dont have necessary lucidity to find and send files to you..( i'm ultra tired atm)I' will do tomorrow,

thanks in advance for your help and for time you give to me

but I very apprecitate if you (after manage to solve the problem) could give me an idea how I can make this works myself and if you can make a general worflow I can follow to solve issues like that

that can be useful for many other users I think...

thanks again

leon

PC Specs:

PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
pm sent to you Wolf

PC Specs:

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2014 22:59
I will write out a tutorial and post it on the forums for everyone to read. Its a bit of work though and will be done around friday. You should then have no further problem getting these into reloaded.

-Wolf

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
ok... I'll wait your tutorial very impatiently...thank you so much,,,

PC Specs:

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:54:40