Feature Creep / Allies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
when will there be scripts to produce allied characters?
Also, I'd like exploding entities to leave debris instead of just disappearing.
A cutscene creator/editor (featuring the specific game's characters and scenery) would be useful.
A text-to-speech feature with a range of realistic voices.
An entity creation tool, with full modelling features which would do away with the tedious UV mapping, and create all associated files for the entity.
Similarly, a weapons designer.
And, of course, the character creator which I believe is already on the hit list.
More brushes in addition to rock, ground and grass.
And we obviously need vast improvements in character AI, graphics and framerates if we are to stand any chance of creating a commercial standard game.

Julian
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd like the allied characters sometime, for example to be able to make a squad to help you navigate through the map in a co-op fashion.

Not so sure about the other things on your list though, entities leaving debris is quite a cool idea.. but a cut scene editor would be quite complicated to do and would take a lot of time when other things need attention. A text to speech feature? Hmmm better to just buy a decent studio soundcard with a mic pre-amp and a large diaphragm condenser microphone. Text to speech always sounds silly... unless your intention is to have a computerised voice. In which case try using FL Studio you can download the demo for free and it has a text to speech plugin. An entity creation tool sounds far too complicated. Stick to 3D modelling packages, such as blender.. which you can get for free. Similarly weapons can be designed in 3D modelling software. I know their making a character creator... but I myself an not that excited about it as there will be only so many combinations of characters you can make and it's probably better just to model a character in blender to make your game look unique. Having said all that I can't really model in blender myself very well. Hence why I'm so excited about the construction kit.
PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate Blender - can't seem to get to grips with it. I'm old (40!) - I need to keep it simple. I'm rubbish at UV mapping and I can't do voice acting.

Julian
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 00:41
I don't know, for some reason FPSCR really seems to hate blender. Half the time when i try to import a model it either makes it the wrong size or turns it inside out. Unfortunately i'm a mere mortal so cant afford a Maya license.
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 10:04
Make sire your using the 1.69 version of blender 1.7 on has a broken .x exporter

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 00:40:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 00:40:38