3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Change is store policy - advice to all artists.

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 13:06 Edited at: 7th Aug 2014 13:08
Hi all,

After some discussion it has been decided to ease one of the restrictions regarding the store.

From now on, we will consider models with missing faces, providing

1) The missing face is appropriate, e.g. It's underneath a wall that can't logically be rotated. A good example of this would be a very large city wall. Small brick walls that could be toppled over wouldn't count.

2) The base of a very large building.

3) The exterior of any entity that is only intended to be used as an interior. For example, a sci-fi corridor.

4) Any model that has missing faces must have full information regarding the missing elements and any restrictions that this might have for the use of the entity stated clearly in the description.

5) TGC still reserve the right to reject models with missing faces where we feel that it isn't appropriate.

Thanks,

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 03:14
This is good to know. I was working on a very large rock formation and was hoping to remove some of its bottom for performance sake. Similar to the rocks you'd see in Skyrim and Fallout. Of which don't have any facing polys on their base. Of course however smaller rocks would require a bottom as a user may expect to use them in various ways and rotate them.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 10:51:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 10:51:15