Scripts / Failure to document code and examples

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2014 20:09 Edited at: 5th Aug 2014 09:12
StartParticleEmitter(e)

so this is a function that exists, however this says nothing.

What I would like to know is something like this

What information gets passed. Are we suppose to just try trial and error? It seems to be this way with every line of code that we have access to. If it's not already being used in a script that exists by tgc there isn't even the slightest hint of what needs to be done or what information we pass to functions.

It seems to me that on most scripts everything just reference e(entity) without any reference or commenting as to why the code is doing what it is doing.... that was fine with the old fpscreator because seriously the code was *Mod Edit* proof, but now we are using lua which is infinitely more complicated that what existed before.

TGC needs to learn how to properly document their code and their examples. This is not cool. I am fine with being a gold backer and hell I would be fine with being a platinum donator, but not until they learn how to *Mod Edit* document their stuff. There is no excuse, every programmer knows to do this.

I will not take lee and the guys serious, until they start DOCUMENTING THEIR CODE
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2014 09:10 Edited at: 5th Aug 2014 09:40
You'll find a summary of all commands below:

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208970&b=2

This is a beta product and we will provide full documentation once we near the end of the beta phase. To do so now would often only be providing misleading information as everything is subject to change as Reloaded develops.

If a command isn't documented, it's because it's either incomplete or not fully functional. I doubt anyone will thank us for adding documentation for commands that don't work .

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:26:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:26:22