3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [WIP] Conjured Cottages

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2014 03:16 Edited at: 31st Jul 2014 03:38
Greetings everyone,

I have been working on small buildings for reloaded, and I thought I would show you a short video walk through.

I still have to do proper bump and specular maps for them, but here is an idea of what they will be like in Reloaded. I have the entity shader on medium and the others on low for better performance on my laptop, and FRAPS is running of course. With that said, this is not to demonstrate a finished look, just a basic idea of the buildings so far.

Let me know what you think, because I am trying to get them looking good enough for the store. (my texturing still needs a lot of work)

I tried to put a video on YouTube but the upload failed, so I put it here as an attachment. (less than 8mb)

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2014 08:33
looking good mate

cheers henry

Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2014 12:54
Thanks Henry
I made the door opening to fit the stock door, but that was before I added the floor so I will need to make adjustments for that.The windows have bullet proof glass for now. I plan to make them breakable once I get my animations sorted out (haven't played with Blender yet). Seems like I am a bit rusty, but I am having fun getting back into the swing of things. Bump map is next though, because my texture needs all the help it can get.

superdude911
Years of Service
User Offline
I love your buildings Conjured Entertainment! I like that you made houses that we can go into. I look forward to seeing the release of these products. Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of the progress you make

no apocalypse no game
Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2014 05:08
Thanks superdude911

I have my animation for my window working now. (thanks BSP)
The windows will have to be separate entities until we have limb detection.
I haven't downloaded 1.008 yet, so I am not sure if entities are taking damage now.
The shotgun seems to do no damage to entities in 1.0071, but my windows are ready to be broken when the time comes.

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 11:58
They are looking spot on . I can see what you mean by your brick texture, shame because the over-all effect is fantastic. (mine where free online) I like the fact you've got rooms and the inside walls are painted looks brilliant.

Keep it up, i'll be interested to see the window breaking animation when you've got that implemented. I have no idea my self how to go about that. I was trying to do it by getting the entity to leave another entity behind it upon being destroyed but i can't write a lua script even when i really concentrate haha!.

Wenga
Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 22:13 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 22:22
Quote: "Keep it up, i\'ll be interested to see the window breaking animation when you\'ve got that implemented. I have no idea my self how to go about that."

It\'s nothing fancy at the moment, just a basic break for testing. Looks more like an alt texture trick right now instead of an animation. I was just excited to finally get an animation working after my whacky FPE file had me thinking is was the modeling program. Here is a look at what I have in mind, with a little debris added later. I think I will have less glass sticking out of the frame for a bigger hole with less cracks. I am not happy with the cracks.

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 22:33 Edited at: 6th Aug 2014 23:28
That looks ace bud. Really does look cool, i see what you mean with the cracks but obviously in time you can just apply a more detailed texture. But your end result will no doubt be spot on. I am however really interested to know how you went about that. Now i presume it's a script and you've set it to animate or spawn the cracked glass upon being destroyed (maybe). Now if i am on the right track is there any way you wish to share that knowledge . I know i'm being cheeky but some of this stuff i grasp rather well and some of it is just lost on me haha!.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Wenga
Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 00:43
Simple model with a bone for each pane of glass, a solid pane and a broken pane. Each animation is 50 frames long with the switch taking place in a single frame. That script was using the E key to break the glass, which I pressed while shooting.

wenga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 10:29
Haha! No way. Well that i reckon i can do! (eventually). Nice little trick there, i had to do a similar thing to walk through a doorway. I removed the writing from within the open door script and placed the script on my wall with door cut out. That was the only way i could walk through it. I was really quite confused until i realised if i just made the doorway a tad larger it worked without the need to mess around. See massive learning curve for me haha!.

Well thank you for that bud.

I'v re-made my entire building now so there's no texture problems and it looks flawless all the way around. There was a-lot of gaps and lines at the joins so i spent ages trying to remove or hide them. Looks much better i will upload a snap when i'm finished messing around.

Wenga .
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 19:16
Effective illusion. Great job.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 23:27:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 23:27:19