Scripts / Scripting AI Movement

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this possible?

I am used to seeing some kind of properties settings for a waypoint or waypoint path, but I don't see anything.
Is custom AI movement scripting even possible at this point?

I want to start scripting logic for my AI and define my own paths and waypoint/zones for triggering actions. What are my options?

I don't really care about models or terrain right now, my idea is based on AI behavior. It seems I can't even begin to create what I want with this product. Say it ain't so.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i think it's too early still to expect this as standard but scripting and AI are both improving lately so if you suggest it it may get some attention from lee (or whoever), i know he is aware that waypoints need more work

if you really wanted to you could definitely make your own system though, just need to use an entity with your own code rather than the actual waypoints... wouldn't be too hard to make a single path (and possibly not much harder to make multiples, just depends how much time and effort you want to put into it)

so the basics would be to define the waypoint entities and then use the AIEntityGoToPosition(e,xv,zv) for each one depending on which is closest (and the waypoint number is higher than the previous).

and you can use the waypoint number / zones or distance checks for any triggers.

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 05:00:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 05:00:12