Scripts / Model disappear in a funky fashion...

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 20:52
This is for all the scripting gurus and coding gods.

I have an entity that spawns in when instructed to (which is great and all thanks to Smallg), however, I want the entity to disappear after the allocated time (that bit works) in a fantastic way!

Imagine, smoke or fire or something fancy. Is this possible yet with the scripting commands that we currently have?

Cheers

Jay.

Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 21:14
I think you can't do that just yet. However, I think one of the following versions (if not first which should be out really soon) brings explosions so you might be able to make something funky when it becomes available.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 23:54
I'd just have the entity disappear in a "normal" fashion and spawn an interesting effect where it used to be simultaneously.

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 17:25
Hi Wolf,

Really good to see you getting back into game design!

Quote: "I'd just have the entity disappear in a "normal" fashion and spawn an interesting effect where it used to be simultaneously."

That was my initial thought as well. As in classic, I could spawn a decal or something similar and that would give me the desired effect, however, we don't have decals yet or particles, so, I was curious to see if anyone had a dirty work around?

It's not hugely necessary; I just don't like the way that things simply 'pop' out of existence.

Cheers

Jay.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 10:53:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 10:53:36