3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [REQUEST] Anyone doing an animation in blender tutorial

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 12:49
just wondering if anyone has been working on a tutorial for making a basic animation (eg. an opening door), in blender and getting it in FPSCR working??

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 13:12
I was going to make a start on the next series of tutorials, but, then the competition came around and I was trying to concentrate on getting some models into the store....etc (excuses)

I will work on one as soon as possible.

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2014 13:17
cheers, i have finally been able to get my first blender model into reloaded (by reverting back to 2.69 solved alot of issues), and i would love to finish it off with a large garage style rolling door , just trying to get my head around UV mapping now, i start and think i can't and the smart UV unwrap and then texturing is a pain so i really need to endevour to learn to do it myself

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2014 10:26
@unfamilla heres the files i PM'd you about, the one titled elevated_walkway is the one where i used multiple blocks and doesnt work, the one title walkway is the one i formed from one block and does work, i like the style of the steps in the first one be

Attachments

Login to view attachments
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2014 21:01
I have opened both of the files you have attached and, well, three things,

1. neither of the files have more than object in them. (which is fine, but, neither have more that one object)
2. I can't see what you would need animating?
3. nice looking models.

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 10:06
Yep the animation wasn't for these models just the first one with the gaps in the steps would crash reloaded I will try again soon and see how I go, thanks for looking.

The animation I want to try and do would be for a garage door

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 17:27
Quote: "Yep the animation wasn't for these models just the first one with the gaps in the steps would crash reloaded I will try again soon and see how I go, thanks for looking"

I see, well, I will take another look at them and see if I can get them working in Reloaded. (I didn't try last time)

Quote: "The animation I want to try and do would be for a garage door"

Have you got a model of this made yet? I will use it to make the animation tutorial if you want?

Cheers

Jay.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 20:59
Here is the walkway with the side railings.

First thing I noticed was the size of the thing. It was teeeeeny. Inside Blender (for Reloaded), you have to scale the thing so its HUGE! What I do as best practice is place a plane on the ground and scale this to 100x100x2 (blender units) - this is equal to one grid square in Reloaded.

I removed a LOT of unused vertices and faces. Firstly, I went into edit mode and selected everything, then went to 'mesh' at the bottom and went up to vertices, then chose, 'Remove doubles'. This removed somewhere in the region of 108-ish vertices. Then, I went through in edit mode and deleted all of the faces that were inside the model.

I just did a 'Smart UV Project' unwrap and applied a very basic rust texture to it (just for testing). Then, exported with the standard settings that I use for all of my models and created the fpe file for it. Voila, one perfectly working walkway. I think it could do with being a bit bigger, but, its a great model and I will leave the scale up to you.

I have set a password on the zip file (always want to protect other peoples media). I will PM you the password now mate.

I hope this helps give you some insight to helping you fix the other walkway.

Cheers

Jay.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2014 22:02
Thanks that's awesome, and I do have a largish type workshop model but I haven't put any doors on it yet as I wasn't sure how to make them part of the model so they could be animated but its fine you have done heaps for me already and I shouldn't hold you from your competition level any more. I will wait with everyone else for your tutorial. I know I'm not the only one keen to see it

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 08:50
Well, if you want to send over the garage door model when you have finished, I can always make the video for that. If anything needs to be changed, I will do it all in the video, that way, you can learn first hand what you might need to change in the future.

I will get the comp out of the way, then, make the video.

Cheers

Jay.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2014 21:21
Animation tutorial completed mate. Check the modelling series that has been 'stickied' at the top of these boards.

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2014 01:22
Hey thanks for that that was perfect for what I was after, going to take me a while to get this just the way I want it but I'll put a video when I do, cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 21:11:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 21:11:41