Product Chat / Terrain Help?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
So i made a awesome map but the problem is the terrain is wayy to high from the water . How could i edit the settings to change the terrain height of the entire map?

Kill or Be Killed
Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 05:37
I don't think the water level is adjustable yet in FPSR (maybe further down the beta road??) However, you can do some of this by hand in the editor.

Using the terrain editing features, push down an area slightly until it is close to the water level. Then using the terrain leveling tool, place the white cursor over the location that you just lowered and right click it once. This saves that level setting temporarily. Now use the Level recall feature (which uses the last level you set) and you can use it to lower all or part of the terrain to this new lower level, closer to the water level.

Hey Lee, this all would be a great deal easier if we could have a leveling tool where we could input a height value for the level function. Then issues like this would be much easier and much more accurate.

Hope this helps
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 05:52
I agree would be nice to be able to change the water height. We were able to do this in x9.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 11:48
Id agree and mentioned this some time ago. Id suggest full control over the water so that if you had a village on a bluff you could bring the water to that level to create a pond or swamp or what ever. It would also allow realistic looking water falls as then the water would actually have a source to fall from.

I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 17:58 Edited at: 16th Jul 2014 17:58
Hopefully we will get some of the features for water that were used in X10 when you pressed Tab ?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2014 20:33
I can confirm that water sliders/scripting including all the X10 settings are already on the list for the team we are not sure exactly when they will be done though, but the team knows they are required.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:20:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:20:51