Product Chat / @ Lee..Snap to grid Alignment

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lee

Wonder if you can advise on this...I have been playing making test segments for buildings and have had some success but the main issue is the snap to grid alignment...

The pic shows below that to enable the snap to grid to work "Perfectly" pres

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2014 12:42 Edited at: 8th Jul 2014 12:44
I can't help but notice that your centre origin point isn't quite centred.....It looks as though, if you centred the whole model, you would be able to scale it up a tiny amount and it would still remain a square.

I have worked on floor panels for Reloaded and inside Blender, I make the size 100x100x2. (blender units) which is the exact size of one FPSC unit.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=8&t=208319&p=1 <-- scroll down until you reach the images of the floor panels.

Mine tile with no issues and I can rotate to my hearts content with no gaps, spaces or overlaps.

Take a closer look at your centre point, try to fix that and try again.

Cheers

Jay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Take a closer look at your centre point, try to fix that and try again. "

Hi Jay...the centre is offset in the pic because the left and upper lines are out ( so the "X" moves with it ) correcting to a perfect square centralises the "X"

How you managed it I have no idea as the snap step in theory should make it impossible to make a perfect square that snaps together flush at every angle ?

Its only very slight overlapping within the editor...But is exaggerated greatly ingame....Even the horror pack segments do it when rotated ?
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2014 13:41 Edited at: 8th Jul 2014 13:42
Quote: "How you managed it I have no idea"

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust.

But, seriously, I don't do anything special. I just make the floor panel a perfect square and then, position the walls (in Blender) hanging halfway over the edge of the floor panel, but, positioned on top of the floor.

See attached image as to what I mean. Please excuse the terrible art, just a quick doodle to portray what I mean.

Cheers

Jay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I kind of got this far with great success but have found issues that cause problems...
Still for no apparent reason Suddenly you place a segment beside another and it lifts so PG/UP AND DOWN has to be used..
Its a temperamental thing

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 12:24
If you press RETURN you will toggle so that the entity does not find the top of the entity, but the ground. Providing the ground is flat, your segments will align on the Y axis no problems.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:45:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:45:15