Product Chat / Shadows On Model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 04:06 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2014 04:14
How do you fix shadow issue where your see your meshes tris when shadows are on?

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
So no one knows the answer?

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 18:40
This looks like a curious effect. Send me the entity and files and I will put it through our latest shader and ensure we have this solved for the next build. It might highlight an issue with ALL the entities so I am curious for more info!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
K Il send you a zipped version via email.

PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2014 08:38
I think the normal map you created does not match with the diffuse map
effect made similar happens when I do the render and the two maps are mismatched

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wing3d, paint.net.
PM
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont think its that. My normal map and dif are exact, but thanks.

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I have noticed a few artifacts that can show when shadows are pumped up. Knock the shadows off and the model looks perfect. Knock em up to full, or even over half and these odd defects/glitches show. Especially on rounded objects. The new version has had some tweaks so maybe it will be better with 1.08.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
NL2012
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2014 08:01
Hi
Had it twice when i used a DDS compression of 8:1 BC1 (DXT1 prior to DirectX 10) on a normal map making meshes for FPSr.
BC3n (optimized for nMaps with a 4:1 compression) solved it twice. I don't think this can be the real "problem" but maybey it helps.
Have a nice day!

MODO801/ MAX / HP Z820 Workstation, 2 X 8 Intel Xeon E5-2665 processor,64GB DDR3-1333, nvidia geforce gtx 660, rendergrd: 2 x Nvidia K1 (grid on HP proliant 380G5)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:30:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:30:04