Scripts / civilian character script wanted

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2014 19:45
hi guys

i have created a number of civilian characters but don't want them to just stand still & fidget ( neutral ai script ) so i have tried to create a simple script myself.
however i have zero knowledge of scripting & have spent the last few hours trying to create this script by combining elements of 2 of the stock scripts ,but all i have managed to do is give myself a headache & freeze reloaded so im asking for HELP

i need a simple script that includes the neutral ai script functions + the ability to follow waypoints

if anyone is willing to help then please let me know

cheers henry

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2014 21:13 Edited at: 1st Jul 2014 21:17
pmed it to u, basically just a cut and paste from the stock scripts - he'll follow the way points unless you are in range (then he turns to face you until you walk away, then he continues along the path)

if it doesnt copy very well i'll be happy to mail the actual file if you pm me an email address

*notes* he walks funny (honestly no idea why - even the standard scripts do this for me) and i only tested it with the stock character (as i don't actually have any other characters) so if you get any issues it'll be a variable not set for your character (but i believe it should be fine)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2014 22:14
Quote: "if it doesnt copy very well i'll be happy to mail the actual file if you pm me an email address"

pm ed you my email mate as its not copying very well

thanks a lot mate

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 00:24
thanks mate works great apart from the strange walk feel free to ask me if you need any custom models i will sort you out.

is there a way to make them run away or crouch down if you shoot them or they hear a gunshot ?

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 20:28
a big thanks to smallg i now have my character (stephanie) ingame & working with a civilian script ,she will stand at idle or follow waypoints.
just need to wait for the fix to the engine before i upload her to the store as when characters follow waypoints right now they seem to walk or run strangely

cheers henry

Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 22:10 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2014 22:12
Stephanie looks great Henry.

My gaming computer is on a limited bandwidth right now, so I have not been able to download my store purchases in game. However, I will be keeping an eye on your models in the store, so I can grab her when I can.

I have not been in the forums for awhile. I am glad to see smallg got you sorted out.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Great looking character.

The strange walk bug has been fixed for the next beta.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Atlantis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 00:27
I hope these civilians end up in the store for sale.
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2014 08:24
Quote: "I hope these civilians end up in the store for sale."

i hope to have them up soon ,just waiting for TGC to sort out a few bugs with characters before i upload

[img][/img]

cheers henry

lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you please post the civilian script here for the rest of us? Do you also happen to have an allied character script?

By the way, how did you create and rig the character to work in Reloaded. I've been trying for months to do this.

Thanks,

Julian
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 14:47 Edited at: 11th Aug 2014 14:47
Quote: "Could you please post the civilian script here for the rest of us? "

this post has new waypoint script which is a good start (also some cover code commented out in it for if the character takes damage)

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209508&b=5&msg=2495889#m2495889

as mentioned before you can't really make allies as there is no control on bullets, i.e. you can't make characters kill other characters.

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 10:41:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 10:41:21