Product Chat / Are you having zone issues?

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

We are aware that several users are having issues with the Reloaded zones, and we suspect that this is due to compatability problems between versions. Internally we are having problems replicating the reported issues and would like your help to track down and identify any problems.

If you are finding issues with zones, and can reproduce the problem, could you please email me the FPM, with a clear step by step to replicating the issue.

Many thanks,

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2014 12:53
Nice, I just deleted all of my zones because they will reshape themselves, play what ever music at random or just not work. When they reshape themselves they either look like they are folded over itself when it is in fact not or a point will get stretched out across the map. I believe there was an example of that posted at one time.

[img]http://files.enjin.com/191696/UA Members Banners/Imchasinyou.jpg[/img]
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont generally spend much time inside 1 map but i have definitely had issues with zones re-shaping themselves for no apparent reason - it's not something i can recreate with any certainty but i do believe it's linked to the shift key shortcuts (maybe you need to have been editing way points just before test game or something and when pressing certain combos in game it still edits the way points?

also had "outer" zones move ontop of other zones (while the "center" of the zone remains at it's real location now completely alone - and still works as intended so i wasn't worried about it but i guess if i had wanted to adjust the zone it would have been an issue)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2014 22:34
Hi Scene Commander,

In fact, it already happened the problem of deformation with trigger zones when I was making a game level with FPSC-R, just once, however, it is unclear to me what caused the issue.

After the re-shaping has happened, its editing points do not move anymore.

Unfortunately, the game level which I am talking about; it has been deleted after that.

Greetings,

Northern
PM
Colosso
Years of Service
User Offline
I had many of these same problems with the sound zones before the V1.0071 release. I had to delete and replace all the sound zones in my level to correct the problems. I just figured I had maxed out the number of sounds I could add. Now that everything works fine I'm not sure how to replicate the same issues.

Hold still so I can shoot you!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming, as I'm trying to get a clear picture of any issues. From reading this, they do seem quite hard to replicate.

SC

Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 19:05
Seems to happen at random for me. Once Ive added all my zones, assigned the scripts, set the sounds, save the level and stop editing. Once I have come back to the editor, typically rhe next day, Ill find a few zones messed up and sounds not playing at all or the wrong sounds laying in different zones. Sometimes, I can click on a point and it snaps back into place with slight movement, other times, the zone completely disappears and Im left with the circle.

This is where i get ticked off, slam my mouse a few times and just shut down the editor as nothing good will come of me trying to screw with it any further. Its always a bad thing to spend 90 minutes fixing your zones and then coming back to find them doing what ever the engine wants them to.

[img]http://files.enjin.com/191696/UA Members Banners/Imchasinyou.jpg[/img]
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 00:06
Zones move not while editing, but after saving the maps points will have moved, often the zones will move and take the shape of another zone, and will have two zones overlapping in the same spot, so unless your bug hunting and know where to look for them it would seem the problem is hard to replicate, but it is not just need to know where to look.

What happens as well is the way.map coordinates move but the entity part of the zones don't, so this give the illusion that all is well but this is not the case once way.map coordinates have moved nothing works.

On short music tracks like background music about 60 seconds long doesn't loop as it's suppose to, longer tracks seem to be fine, also depends on format.

placing one or two zones would not generally pose a problem on a small map, however larger maps like mine, with many different zones the problem is presents it self.

The only option I can think off is to put the zones in the map at the very last stage before building and doing so without saving, obviously the map has to be saved first time around, however still need to confirm that zone haven't moved during the build process
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 02:39
Think you guys have basically covered every issue I've had with zones. I've had them all - so I've deleted all my zones and will try them again next beta.

Its next to impossible to reproduce the glitch at will, the steps seem to be:
1. Make a really awesome level
2. Place all your zones exactly how you want them, set up their scripts
3. Save
4. Welcome to hell

Being a little more serious - I do think the issue seems to appear as a result of saving, or at least its usually just after pressing sae I notice.

I also have had win zones that do nothing at all.

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1 Pro: Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];

At the detected score [passmark 9074], my SSD is ranked 3rd of all SSD's in the charts
Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 03:24
get this every time I try to add any sort of zone now:

If that green bar is memory, I'm still way under half full (btw after that error and it reloads the memory bar returns to zero.)

Custom Mac Pro (2014): OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1 Pro: Octa-threaded Xeon E5 v2 @ 3.7Ghz [9775]; Dual AMD FirePro D500 (3GB VRAM Each) [3769]; 12GB RAM [2517]; 512GB SSD [9074];

At the detected score [passmark 9074], my SSD is ranked 3rd of all SSD's in the charts
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys, this is very helpful. Please keep posting if you've anything new to report.

SC

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 15:43
Hmm I don't understand this memory thing... If I add characters I get Black Screen of Death, and if I add zones I get that message and it resets. Memory bar still under half, so is it just inaccurate? Bit of a pain as was trying to finish my level for round 2! If there is another beta due out before the deadline, its cutting it a little fine!

If I send you my FPM, can you see if you get the OUM or B[lack]SOD on your machine? I've tried a re-install. So maybe I am just out of memory, darn!

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Sparrowhawk,

Send to the FPM and I'll take a look. Bear in mind that if it uses media I don't have I may not be able to replicate this.

SC

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 14:58
I'll upload it in a while. I found out the cause of the black screen crash, i had exceeded the amount of AI the engine will run, not sure the total I have (probably around 30) can't be bothered to find where I've hidden them all and count them! But when I took about 10 out that issue went away. Still getting the crash and burn on trying to add zones, crazy stuff about arrays!

I can still add entities (I think) without issue, but zones is a no-no, I'll upload as soon as I can get off the tablet and onto the PC again. Thanks

Sparrowhawk
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 20:50
I'll upload the level and assets now. Here's what I get:

If the green thing is memory, its not very full. Then I click to add any zone, and get:

The editor then resets, and the memory bar glitches out to zero. I cannot prontscreen that though, as the editor also goes full screen and has to be alt-F4'd, I don't have a PrintScrn key so have to use snipping tool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 00:59:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 00:59:08