Product Chat / Damage range

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 21:34
The only way to take out enemies at a distance seems to be with the sniper rifle. When shooting with guns, uzi or shotgun nothing seems to happen even if the enemy is at a distance such guns should reach. Can this be fixed some how? Perhaps with a script or setting? If this is hard coded in the engine I suggest TGC should fix this.

www.memblockgames.com
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 23:30
Have a play around with the "Files\gamecore\guns\modern\colt1911\gunspec.txt" file and let me know what settings you feel the default guns should be, and I invite other users to argue for changing the defaults or if we have them just right. Ravey and Simon chose these settings as generally correct for hip-firing, and increased accuracy when you right click and hold. Making the hip-fire too accurate negates the need for a zoom-mode, that was the feeling and one observed in the test FPS games we have played for comparison.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 00:28
Quote: "Making the hip-fire too accurate negates the need for a zoom-mode"

This is true,we need to keep it as realistic as possible .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
mnemonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 19:08
Lee, I agree with you on everything you say, and I think the default settings are fine.
The problem I want to describe might not even have anything to do with the guns range at all (I relaised that after giving this some more thoughts) It might be in the enemies AI script. I want to be able to shoot enemies before they have detected me (before I get to close) Maybe something in the script makes the enemy 'bullet resistant' before this happens.

www.memblockgames.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 09:36:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 09:36:37