Product Chat / Is this an issue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
Basically I'm having trouble with switching weapons and rendering grass.
I don't know if this is a bug or a left out feature so that is why i'm posting here.

So I open up fps Creator: reloaded and chuck in a few entities which works fine. the
issue begins when I add a weapon. I'll choose 2 guns from the list and put it in the
level. When I test the level out and pick up the weapons I can't seem to cycle through
them via keyboard, numpad or mouse. Is this a bug or is lee waiting to add the inventory
system? Also whilst in the editor, when I exit the test game and create a new level,
the editor seems to remember what gun I picked up last and won't let me pick up anything
else but ammo for that particular weapon until I reload reloaded in a new instance.

In regards to the grass issue, some chunks just don't load even when I change multiple
settings including the various vegetation settings and shader settings. It seems to
default to a grass texture in the new vegetation plus pack also. "green leaf" and "grass something"

Any answer would be much appreciated.

DividedV -- YouTube Channel
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
that sounds like a bug to me, I have not had this problem with the engine for weapons at least., they should cycle through..
and the chunks of grass missing, I have seen this sort of maybe, a screen shot would help for that issue perhaps.
I would post in the bug reports area with some info on system and screenshots so people can see what your on about better .

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 15:24
@Divided : Are you using the new V1.0071 version? For the grass issue post a screenshot of the missing grass chunk, thanks!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSM
Divided
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 09:08 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 09:15
@LeeBamber : Yes, indeed I am using V1.0071.

I have compiled 4 separate screenshots:

- The first is a screenshot of the grass which has been cut off right after I tested the level.

- The second is where the grass should be rend
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2014 16:46
Thanks for the report, I have added it to the list for Simon to look at when he gets back to the office on Tuesday.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2014 15:21 Edited at: 24th Jun 2014 15:22
Hi Divided,

Grass is batched and rendered in blocks (with some clumps dynamically hidden). What you appear to be seeing is a rendering of one block, and the other blocks are hidden which should be drawn. However, I haven't been able to reproduce your issue. If you are able to provide steps to reproduce it that'd be very helpful.

A few things you could try are:

1. Run far away, then run back (a long way beyond the visible range of grass). The grass may update and display when you come back.

2. Save/Load the map and retry.

3. Clear and repaint the areas in question.

If any of these restore the grass it'll help me figure out what the issue is.

In the third screenshot, it looks like the system is behaving correctly. Grass is drawn or not based on a look-up texture. This texture is of a certain resolution and spans the entire map, which means placement of grass to that precision isn't currently possible. When you paint grass, you will usually get bleeding of 1 or 2 clumps worth outside/inside the circle edge.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
To be honest ...I know it had to be changed but since V1.006 the default grass hasn't been great.
Its very clumpy compared to the old and the actual grasses in the entity folder ( Grass Clump 1A ) etc hardly show up at all..

However some of the weeds from the Tab menu are awesome ..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 00:41:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 00:41:40