Product Chat / Version 1.071 Released!

Author
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 16:01 Edited at: 11th Jun 2014 16:02
Here you go

That's it. Put it before the main function.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh I think I forgot then 'end' thanks
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 16:07
Quote: "Oh I think I forgot then 'end' thanks"

I figured as much. I know Lua isn't the best at reporting errors, but in this case it was telling you exactly what was wrong. It said it was expecting an end. So, sometimes just look a little closer at the error message. It's sometimes spot on.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 17:28
@Auger : When you shoot even custom characters (i.e. ischaracter=0) they will have their health deducted. You can then detect when the health is less than zero (or detect a reduction) and then trigger animations and entity destruction as you see fit Ah
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 18:09
Quote: "When you shoot even custom characters (i.e. ischaracter=0) they will have their health deducted. You can then detect when the health is less than zero (or detect a reduction) and then trigger animations and entity destruction as you see fit Ah, the power of scripts!!"

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize this. And it's a lot better because right now when they automatically die, they just sort of go into their final frame of the death animation instead of a spectacular full death animation. I'll have to try this.

@Lee, it would be very useful if we could get someone at TGC to update the Lua scripting document with all the latest commands as well as all these little tidbits that we are finding out or that are known by TGC and unknown to us.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 23:34
Every time I add something of interest I sent it to Scene Commander who is kindly assembling documentation for (a) artist guides for entity creation and (b) the scripting command reference. If you feel we're missing a key tip or command from the official document, email him directly at scenecommandertgc@gmail.com and he will be right on the case.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jun 2014 23:45
Sounds good. Unfortunately, with the contest deadline coming up I need to focus on just getting it done. Once things settle down afterwards I can even spend time putting together my own tips & tricks document to help people out.

morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 05:09 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 05:38
No more lamenting from me. Thanks Lee and team,and smallg, for your hard work! No matter how you look at it .00071 is working well
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Has anyone had the problem of walking over a certain part of their map, and then it crashes there every-time, for no reason?
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
some1 does have that issue i think yes, it was on their competition thread Jerry Tremble i think, pity aswell so many competition games are being made harder by different things with reloaded going wrong. bad timing for bugs and such or is it bad timing for a steam release/competition hard to tell..

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
My suspicion is that for me this crash is caused by a sound zone, or audio script placement. I will investigate further...
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 14:20 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 14:37
morphtactic- mine crashes even on a blank map and it happens whenever player passes x= 491. Y value makes no difference. As a test, I simply place the marker at x= 490 or less. aim it east, launch, and walk. I have this problem on 2 pcs, both my laptop and my desktop. I've spent the last two days (since very early Tuesday morning) trying to figure it out. I've given up altogether! Short of a complete wipe of my hard drive, I've tried everything I can think of! Since my competition level uses that part of the map and there is a critical part of gameplay there that I've already spent several weeks building, it's too late to just move it and redesign the level. Good luck to you and if you can find anything, please let me know! I've lost the time for the competition but at least I'll know! BTW, I run win 8.1 on both (specs below, MAME cab is the desktop) When I look in the windows logs, it appears SimonReloaded.dll is what is causing the conflict. On the "Discuss the game making competition", on my own competition thread and further up on this thread I have posted more info on what I've done so far. I uploaded one of my blank maps Tuesday night and TattieBojangle tried it and it ran fine for him. A lot of people here have been extremely helpful in trying to help me but so far nothing has worked!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
That's hard. I'm not sure if my problem is a random thing or not, I'll tell you if I find anything out...
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 14:46 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 14:46
Thanks! And good luck!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

If you are having random crashes on maps, please email me with as much information as possible, system specs, and FPM, any custom media required, a step by step guide to reproduce, etc.

Many thanks,

SC

i7-4770s 3.1
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 15:15
Scene,

Have you had chance to look at my map? That deadline is getting closer and closer! Haha.

Cheers

Jay

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unfamila, I sent you an email, but I need to talk to you further as it wasn't as straight forward as it first appeared.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 15:39 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 15:41
morphtactic- just as an FYI since it's happening on both of my machines I started looking for similarities between the two. They are of two different makes, the laptop is an msi and the desktop is a dell. They both run win 8.1, both have Nvidia graphics with the latest 337.88 driver. They both run McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security. They both have quad core i7 processors. They both have all the same 3d dev software installed. (several programs, too many to list, but none running at the same time as Reloaded, with the exception of DAZ Studio Content Manager service, which I stopped during one of my tests). I have previously had crash issues with any program written in Blitz Basic but I don't know if SimonReloaded.dll is written with that or if you can even create .dll's with Blitz Basic. I've tried compatibility modes for every OS back to XP SP2, UAC is off for every program I install on either machine, DEP is turned off for every program (not for Reloaded, it won't let me) and every program is set to run as Admin. (I learned to just set these things from the start with win8). I've disabled the firewall, I tried disabling anti-virus but not 100% sure that actually became disabled. I ran a system restore back to a date between 1.007 and 1.0071 because in the list of activities in that time Directx was listed. It gave no more info than that, I'm assuming it was an update of some kind. I've re-downloaded Reloaded 4x, installed it at least 6x, (yes in the default, clean directory). I've washed, I've rinsed, and I've even repeated. I've prayed. I drank a beer. I drank another beer. Still no luck. I also disabled the NVidia PhysX engine as it seemed to be a physics related issue since if I place start marker beyond 491, it would crash upon launching but hang on the initializing physics screen right before it crashes.

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 15:58
Scene Commander- my crashes are by no means random (X >= 491), but I would assume could only be re-created on a few machines. On the first page of this thread I have a copy of a blank map which will crash at the same place as any other. No media required. TattieBojangle tried it and said it runs fine on his. (just follow the thread). On both of my machines that map and any other will crash at the same place, every time, no exceptions.

PM
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
JT: After adding all of my story-line, and music and ambiance audio, etc, my map produces crippling crashes that would now seem to happen near sound zones. Then, I removed all of the sound, and the map runs smoothly. It appears that the more sound I add, the worse it gets. This is sound in any form, either sound zones, or though my own custom scripts applied to entities.

Sorry if this does not help you.

Story wise I will have to work around this. The only thing that seems to work well is my sound loop script... oh what an up hill battle this competition is! I look forward to the day when Reloaded will truly be a drop, drag, click and play software, which has always been my dream for game creators... Cheers
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that some of you may have posted links and files elsewhere with your issues, but it is a massive help to me if I don't have to search through threads to find them. I get a lot of questions, some of which ta
morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Now I'm not so sure whats going on its seems like the map is crashing at the exact same location, like JT, even after removing sound zones...
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 21:05 Edited at: 12th Jun 2014 21:06
Quote: "Now I'm not so sure whats going on its seems like the map is crashing at the exact same location, like JT, even after removing sound zones..."

You should first make a note of the error that you receive so that we can see it here. If there is no error message then check the log file for anything unusual or post it here for others to take a look at. Just saying it crashes isn't very helpful. Sometimes a crash problem is easily solvable with the right information.

morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Understood tom, just having a bit of a melt down with the comp level. I'll post more later...
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th Jun 2014 22:30
Quote: "Understood tom, just having a bit of a melt down with the comp level. I'll post more later..."

10-4. Hope you get everything sorted out. I know how fragile it all is and anyone's contest entry can be suddenly unusable due to some unexpected bug.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@All.

If I could ask you all to remember that this is a beta product. It is possible that you may find problems because that is the nature of betas', and it is your pledges, time and feedback that is helping us to develop the product you all want to s
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 01:19
Thanks, SC. I for one am thankful for your support and help through this whole process. I know it has been a struggle at times, but all issues have not only enlightened me and others to find alternate solutions, but they have helped to shape the product and get critical fixes in place. This competition has definitely helped TGC improve the product thus far.

morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem SC. That is also why we are here to help improve Reloaded. Hope we aren't complaining too much. I appreciate your hard work, and that of the entire team. Back to my competition level. Just to give an update in more detail: I thought I was out of the race. But for now I'm back with both feet in. My solution's was simply to cut my level in half. I reduced the map size, rebuilt it a bit, and for now: not one problem! I rebuilt my entire story line back in. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
as will I for you morph m8 good luck

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 03:57 Edited at: 13th Jun 2014 05:11
Sorry, Scene Commander, I wasn't actually trying to make you go on a treasure hunt; It was time to leave for work and I had no time to elaborate further, so immediate feedback beyond that was impossible. I'm back from work now so here it goes:

My engine crashes on any level, with or without media, with or without zones of any kind. All that is needed is to place a start marker on a map at x <= 490, aim it to the east, launch, and walk straight. It will crash when the player reaches x = 490-491 (Y value makes no difference). I will get the "Error: The FPM file is corrupt." message Box. If I look in window's logs it will show me that the SimonReloaded.dll is the module that crashed. This happens on both of my currently in use computers. The first computer (my laptop) is made by msi (GT70 Dominator). Specs: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Second computer Dell XPS something (desktop, currently in an arcade (MAME) cabinet: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898).

What I have done (just copying and pasting this) the past two days:

I started looking for similarities between the two. They are of two different makes, the laptop is an msi and the desktop is a dell. They both run win 8.1, both have Nvidia graphics with the latest 337.88 driver. They both run McAfee LiveSafe Internet Security. They both have quad core i7 processors. They both have all the same 3d dev software installed. (several programs, too many to list, but none running at the same time as Reloaded, with the exception of DAZ Studio Content Manager service, which I stopped during one of my tests). I have previously had crash issues with any program written in Blitz Basic but I don't know if SimonReloaded.dll is written with that or if you can even create .dll's with Blitz Basic. I've tried compatibility modes for every OS back to XP SP2, UAC is off for every program I install on either machine, DEP is turned off for every program (not for Reloaded, it won't let me) and every program is set to run as Admin. (I learned to just set these things from the start with win8). I've disabled the firewall, I tried disabling anti-virus but not 100% sure that actually became disabled. I ran a system restore back to a date between 1.007 and 1.0071 because in the list of activities in that time Directx was listed. It gave no more info than that, I'm assuming it was an update of some kind. I've re-downloaded Reloaded 4x, installed it at least 6x, (yes in the default, clean directory). I've washed, I've rinsed, and I've even repeated. I've prayed. I drank a beer. I drank another beer. Still no luck. I also disabled the NVidia PhysX engine as it seemed to be a physics related issue since if I place start marker BEYOND 491, it would crash upon launching but hang on the initializing physics screen right before it crashes.

Attached to this post is a blank map that will crash either of my machines. I posted it (or one just like it) on the first page of this thread in response to RickV's request for one. TattieBojangle was kind enough to try it out and said it worked fine for him, and I suspect that it will work fine for pretty much everybody (EXCEPT ME! LOL!). I'm sure there is something common yet specific to both of my computers as they are both approx. 3 and 6 mos. old (laptop/desktop respectively) and they have pretty much identical systems and software installed. Thank you for your time, you guys are doing an amazing job on this engine!

P.S. I don't expect anything immediately (hell, I don't even expect a solution to this! I think I can only hope the next beta miraculously resolves it. No trouble before) since I shoot trouble 10 hrs. a day so I understand it ain't always easy and I certainly realize it's in beta. I'm having a good ol' time with this engine so far and contest or no, I've learned a lot. Another bonus is it got me to stop fighting with Blender after 10 yrs. or so and just sit down and start learning it, thanks to the guys here and others on the 'tube.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 04:13
@ Jerry Tremble: I just tried the map for about 20 mins walking off the edge to the east. No crash for me. Sorry.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, W
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 04:24
That's what I expected, Pirate Myke! Thanks for trying, though! I'm 99% sure it's something specific to my pc's but I have no idea what. I don't have the free time to wipe one of the drives and start from scratch. They're both rather new so I just went through that twice quite recently! I'd rather just wait for a new beta and hope that fixes my issue. I haven't really had any crash problems so far with any of the betas. I consider myself lucky, really.

PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 04:47
Can I play a looped piece of music throughout the level without setting a audio zone? I want it to be equally loud everywhere - it's a background music bed.

I assume even with a music bed running, audio triggers can still be used in certain points of the map.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 04:55 Edited at: 13th Jun 2014 04:58
@World Class- on the previous page of this thread morphtactic mentions a sound loop script that he has. I don't know if it does what you're looking for or even what it does at all for that matter, but you might want to give him a holler!

EDIT: It
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 06:31
Hi all,

Great hot fix the version 1.071, it's not perfect still, but excellent improvement regarding to its previous version. Congratulations to TGC team

Thank you!
PM
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 06:32
Quote: "@Auger : When you shoot even custom characters (i.e. ischaracter=0) they will have their health deducted. You can then detect when the health is less than zero (or detect a reduction) and then trigger animations and entity destruction as you see fit Ah, the power of scripts!!"

Has anyone tested this? I just tried it and it never worked. Maybe something else in the fpe needs to be set also? But with ischaracter=0 set their health never goes down

Auger
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 07:19
Quote: "Has anyone tested this? I just tried it and it never worked. Maybe something else in the fpe needs to be set also? But with ischaracter=0 set their health never goes down"

I finally got around to trying this too and it doesn't work for me either. In fact, it's worse than that. When you have ischaracter = 1 now, the RotateToPlayer function doesn't work. It works now if ischaracter=0, but not if ischaracter=1. So now I can have my custom character face the player, but not if they are defined as a character. And if they aren't defined as a character then they can't get killed. That just totally ruined a huge part of what I was going to be trying to do for the final bit of my contest entry. Unless I can figure a way around this.

ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 11:52 Edited at: 13th Jun 2014 11:56
I found this version quite stable, although I got a Black screen with a white box around it , which needed

a re-set a few times. It happened after the New game Two Compounds was played in the Editor and then

restarted in the Editor.

TOSHIBA PX30T

Intel Core i7 2.4 Ghz / 3.0 Ghz in Games Mode

2048MB GeForce GT 740M Video Card

8GB Single Channel DDR3 RAM

Windows 8 64bit

Game runs at 36fps with settings shown below.

AUSTek G74x Gaming Laptop

Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2 Ghz / 3.2 Ghz in Games Mode

3071MB GeForce GTX 560M Video Card

16GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 64bit

Game runs at 48fps with settings shown below.

WORLD SETTINGS

ssunset

Lush

Veg-Plus-Grass 01

GRAPHIC OPTIONS

71 76 0 0 70 0 0

SHADER OPTIONS

Med

Med

Low

QUALITY SETTINGS

40 50 55 69 76 27 20

CAMERA SETTINGS

100 48 100

VISUAL SETTINGS

1 66 54 61 67 24 100 73 58 100 81 68 37

When NPC placed on top of building it falls to floor level, on Game Play.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2014 12:19
Quote: "Can I play a looped piece of music throughout the level without setting a audio zone? I want it to be equally loud everywhere - it's a background music bed."

Why don't you want to set an audio zone? Just set the zone on top of the start marker, change it to the audio you want, change the 'main' from 'soundinzone' to 'musicinzone' that should then continuously play your sound as soon as you start.

That's how I did it for my The Dead of Night level:

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
KajoCat
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I had times ne question.
Is to say when the constraction kit comes out. would like to introduce in my youtube Kanlal times, have little material for videos
But thanks for all the effort that gives it to you keep it up

https://www.facebook .com/RPGMVXA

Asus M5A97 R2.0 - Readon 6790 - AMD Phenom II X4 965

morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
World Class: MadLad Designs suggestion is the easiest way to do a continuous loop, but restricts you to just that loop, so make sure the loop is not annoying. There are sound script examples somewhere in the forum. If you want to loop sound in one particular area just attach this script to an entity:

-- LUA Script - precede every function and global member with lowercase name of script + '_main'
-- This script will turn a sound on and off depending if the player is inside or outside the 1000 range of the entity you have attached the script to.
-- The sound you want to use is put in the entity's Sound0 slot. Use either PlaySound for a single
-- shot sound or LoopSound for a looping sound. Adjust the range to suit your needs.

local soundPlaying = 0;

function mysoundloop_init(e)
end

function mysoundloop_main(e)
PlayerDX = g_Entity[e]['x'] - g_PlayerPosX;
PlayerDY = g_Entity[e]['y'] - g_PlayerPosY;
PlayerDZ = g_Entity[e]['z'] - g_PlayerPosZ;
PlayerDist = math.sqrt(math.abs(PlayerDX*PlayerDX)+math.abs(PlayerDY*PlayerDY)+math.abs(PlayerDZ*PlayerDZ));

-- Check for distance of 1000. Modify this to whatever range works best for you.
if PlayerDist < 1000 then
if soundPlaying == 0 then
LoopSound(e, 0);
soundPlaying = 1;
end
else
if soundPlaying == 1 then
StopSound(e, 0);
soundPlaying = 0;
end
end
end
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I have mentioned this but not sure if it has been noted..."Entities/Grasses/Grass Clumps etc ...Either aren't working correctly....Or not really worth having as they are so tiny and thin they can hardly be seen ?

Could anyone please confirm this for me just to make sure its not just me
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
unfamillia, I had the same issue. Not fixed it yet and too late now. Hopefully it can be fixed afterwards. I even tried hiding the object as well, but to no avail. All was great in 1.7. For now it will have to look sucky

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 15:12
I created a 20 minute loop of background music and used the musiczone script - works like a charm, but audio zones are causing problems, as are bad guy AI, in my standalone version of the game.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 17th Jun 2014 02:10
When will we be able to climb watch towers?

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
boilingpoint2
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried v1.0071...... Oh my god, what a nice engine we have here

-From 34 to 50 fps in a complex scene.

-Never under 30 fps with 40 IA with shader max, shadow max, lightrays... incredible.

-A new flat map with all in low, looking on the sky and BOOM ! over 1000 FPS !!!

http://francoismorin460.wix.com/specialagents

My fpsc x9 game : action-survival/horror, 12 levels, free

A suite will be made on FPSCR
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2014 11:05
Maybe we should have a 1000 FPS HIGH CLUB

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 18:55:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 18:55:57