Product Chat / Simple Animations using Door Script???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 19:23
Been reading the frustrations people have with importing animated models into FPSR and I suffer along with you.

Been using MilkShape to create static models with good success. Now I'm trying to create a simple door opening model. It is created , boned, and animated in MilkShape. However, when added to FPSR following the Gate FPE file, and LUA Door script, I get everything to work (promps, sound etc), but the animation does not work????

I'm assuming that FPSR does not like the animation format from MilkShape. In looking for a solution I came across Animer. I downloaded the trial version, and when I load the MilkShape model the animation is there and works as expected. According to the Animer info it is capable of outputting either a .X or .DBO file that will work in FPSR. However, before I sink $40 into another software I'm hoping someone can set me straight.. IE will it work? What settings in Animer should be used. (trial version does not allow export or save functions)

This said, inside Animer the animation arrives in one piece, which out the segments that define one animation group from the others. I understand how to add these group descriptions. Is this important for FPSR?

Thanks
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 20:14
All I can tell you is that I have successfully taken a third party door open/close animation provided in a .x file and after running through Mender and loading into Animer, it worked. The resulting saved file from Animer was successfully loaded in FPSCR and animated fine. I only had to specify the animation ranges in the fpe file and then use the door script and it worked just like any other door, including the key functionality. Btw, the door I tried was from Arteria3d.com.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 20:16 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 20:18
I'll also add that I have had issues with other .x files like characters and animals from Arteria3D, but Bob who developed Animer has been helping me and has been able to fix an animated wolf model from Arteria3D and help me figure out what I was doing wrong with files from Dark Matter 2. So, three cheers for Bob and Animer.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
If it's boned animation use the character_basic.fx shader.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 03:09
HI Rolfy,

Good tip

I bought Animer, and loaded my door model first through Mender and then exported as a direct X from Animer. However, when I tried to test it in FPSR it still did not work. However, when I changed the shader to Character from Entity, it worked correctly.

I have read comments about animation being shader controlled in FPSR, but frankly I do not yet understand shaders all that well. Any insight would be appreciated.

Also noted that the chainlink fence gate FPE still calls for the entity FX, and that gate system works???

Hey TomjScott thanks for your input. How can I get hold of Bob the Animer developer??

Thanks for the help
Go Devils
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
The chain link gate is vertex animated that is why it works with the entity_basic.fx shader, bone animation requires the character shader. Hoped I would catch you early with this since I knew Animer wouldn't help you with it

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 03:34
Quote: "How can I get hold of Bob the Animer developer??"

You can PM him in these forums. His forum name is Rafhalzer.

Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 20:42
Thanks Guys, Great advice...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 21:18:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 21:18:51