Website/Forum Feedback / Feature Request - The ability to rename or delete a topic we've created.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 19:07 Edited at: 1st Jun 2014 19:09
How about the ability to delete a new topic we've created that hasn't gotten any replies, and that is less than x hours old, or something like that? So the forums don't get cluttered/confused with topics that were mistakes or completely irrelevant.

Also the ability to rename a topic (either for a new topic, or at any time with moderator permission), because sometimes the name ceases to be representative of the thread.

Here's an example of one of my topics in the other forum where renaming would be beneficial, as the title is no longer accurate. Although the thread is pretty much dead now, as a newer one by another user has taken its place.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK Open Source - A Recent Working Version - Download Here

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=209001&b=22
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 12:19
Quote: "How about the ability to delete a new topic we've created that hasn't gotten any replies, and that is less than x hours old, or something like that? So the forums don't get cluttered/confused with topics that were mistakes or completely irrelevant."

Just because a post hasn't been answered within X hours doesn't mean it won't get answered, also if it gets answered then it might be relevant to someone say six months after it was posted. Completely unanswered threads will soon drop off the main page and will be pushed further down the list quite quickly.

Quote: "Also the ability to rename a topic (either for a new topic, or at any time with moderator permission), because sometimes the name ceases to be representative of the thread."

You could simply ask a moderator to do it for you.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
The Tall Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 21:19
lol! The idea of deleting a new topic isn't because of not getting replies. It's because in case it was a mistake or something like that. I mentioned limiting the ability to delete to a ~new~ topic, because that way it would protect topics that already had interactions that people being be checking, from being deleted.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:25:40