Product Chat / Random Level Hills !!

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The random level hills are beautiful ..They look so realistic and are a gem to work with...when adding grass the coverage is better the overall look is just amazing...

Will we ever have a brush tool that can make these instantly ?

I have found keep making random maps till you find one you like then use the brushes flatten and build into them gives so much better results
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 17:58
I could probably spend months on a whole tool box of terrain sculpting, painting and generation gadgets to bring some extremely powerful features into the software, and it would be good fun as we start to see unique terrains emerge from the community. Right now my mind is once again on performance and ensuring we keep aiming for that 60 fps target for as many users as possible. Fear not, the terrain tools you have now are not the final ones, or even a subset of them and I do plan to add more in future updates when the community deem it the next most important thing for Reloaded. Even if it's just a few extra tools like micro-sculpt, smoothing and paint fading..

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I could probably spend months on a whole tool box of terrain sculpting,"

No worries Lee I was more making an observation than an immediate request

Its great to know you have big plans for terrain in the future though..

Some things just work really well as they are and they don't seem to get a mention
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 19:13 Edited at: 28th May 2014 19:15
I would like to add my two cents to things that are working really well.

I absolutely love that model changes and script changes no longer require me to close Reloaded and delete dbo and such by hand before restarting and it is something I was desperate for. The pipeline just took a leap and I work faster now

There are many other little things making life so much easier that haven't had a fanfare announcement and are in there.

So many thanks for putting it in.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 23:24:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 23:24:24