Product Chat / Have your say on V1.007.

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@science boy

We will of course be adding more scripts to Reloaded as the product develops, but we will also be allowing scripters to sell scripts they make in the future.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
RazorNet7
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice weapon…..These are the type of enhancements I’ve been waiting for….A++

1.07 has many more improvements than I expected… This weapon does two things for me. first it gave me a fun new item to use and secondly renewed my confidence in the whole Reloaded project.

R7
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 14:35
"One other idea TGC had was the idea of a series of drop down boxes which would control aspects of the AI personality, i.e. START=Sitting.lua ALERTED=Combat.lua ATTACK=ShootPlayer.lua HIT=Runaway.lua HURT=Coward.lua DIE=Resurrect.lua e.t.c. By changing the responses to these basic in-game events, your character AI can be customized without descending into the LUA script itself."

As a person that can not script, I like this idea.

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 15:43
@Science Boy, i am very new to scripting myself but have so far made cash scripts purchasing scripts and my latest is a hunger and thirst script for survival type game, but just wondering what type of scripts you are after, maybe someone could make on for
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 16:08
fair enough scene commander. and au shadow thankyou.

it is to do with traps really, like moving objects and if they hit you give damage, so it is a basic within distance then activates the trap and causes damage if it hits.

another is a sort of waypoint moving object you can have for 2 purposes one is like a fast horizontal guilatine the other a moving platform. these are going to be essential for almost all games.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 16:15
The first one is kind of difficult at the moment as they only way we have of affecting player health doesnt actually kill the player if health gets to 0 or less but hopefully soon and the second i believe small g has a script working in the scripts thread that should be able to do the moving platform. but that said i will try and do the Trap one when i have the time as i believe there may be a workaround for this just as i said it won't actually kill the player but the player will take damage. i will endevour to have a quick look tomorrow but i'll probably need smallg's help on the moving part

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 29th May 2014 16:33
Would it be possible to avoid this in a future update? A button to minimize it would be great.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 16:47
*sigh* nearly every time I start Reloaded it freeze at the beta dialogue window at the beginning and I have to use Task Manager to end it. After that I can load it up normally but if I power the machine down and up again I have to go through it all again. :/

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 29th May 2014 17:09
I think I am going to throw in the towel at this point. Now my level refuses to play again. I added nothing. I did nothing. I just loaded FPSCR, loaded the level and Pffffff - nothing. It says it's corrupted. I tried the three backups of the good, playable level and FPSCR says they're all currupted, too.

So I sculpt a new terrain, add a couple of entities and a player and Pfffff it's corrupted, too.

I'm done.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 17:14
Quote: "Would it be possible to avoid this in a future update? A button to minimize it would be great.

"

Id also like it if the Beta screen was capable of being disabled. After opening it for the 500th time in the latest beta, I dont need to see it any longer. A simple check box "do not show again" would work. Just a small annoyance for me on top of all the others.

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lee and all,

Yes sounds like that would be good and helpful I am sure. Could be a big seller I would have thought and all additions and improvements should help and hopefully be self generating as a payback for investment in effort and time. Hopefully at least. Can't be too good can it.

With regard to manipulation of AI characters and their behaviours and possibly other AI entities - though particularly with reference to Characters including enemies, allies and teams or mixed interactions. This might include not only enemies but civilians and or interaction in other types of games where interaction might take place with enemies and or other Characters heavily too. e.g. role playing games, interactions with non combatants to receive instructions and so on to carry out tasks, where they may provide clues to a game direction, provide advice and so on.

Understanding that such advanced game interaction mechanics requires a great deal of work and is advanced and complex to achieve of course.

As with many users I have followed and used many engines over the years - over 20 years plus and looked at their use of AI and the difficulties that presents to the developers introducing/including such systems, from pathfinding and object avoidance systems of various kinds to general Character and enemy AI behaviours. There have been many attempts to provide support for Characters of any kind, largely not from the developers who by and large avoid getting involved in Complexities of advanced AI or any AI at all in many instances. Some modding engines have had a level of inbuilt Characters of course but by and large stand alone engines at the level we are looking at here have provided for little but very basic AI at best. Clearly due to the well know difficulties of developing a fully fledged system integrated to any engine. Large undertaking to say the least to do it well. Often with the added difficulties of lack of supporting and spare performance having been also a major factor due to the amount of data needing to be managed in low power engines.

I had worked on AI pathfinding and Behaviours including use of path points and or nodes in engines like Reality Factory, Game Studio, GCE and some others. Torque somewhat differently. Often user based systems as opposed to engine developer systems received little support from the developers and AI systems largely given little attention and or dismissed in engines which by and large are designed primarily to be used by the majority or users as FP Shooters where AI is the/a main priority feature requirement. FP shooters without any even reasonable support for AI enemies if any at all in many instances provided by the engine developers by default and out of the box? Those users that wished to make efforts to better this by developing plugin or add on systems given little or no encouragement at all from the developers in the main and no attempt to integrate any works into engines by default. A question of FP shotter engine but we cant go there. Too hard to do and a nightmare of effort when basically the engines in fact were incapable of supporting such truth be known being often largely struggling at best to maintain performance.

Today both hardware and software technology has moved on and should be able to provide a platform for engine developers to do better in the arena of much improved AI systems within their productions than has been embraced and or possible in the past given an engine is an FP shooter where decent levels of AI behaviour is the bottom line despite such engines of course being potentially able to output much more than just FP shooters if required and used for the purposes.

I had recently suggested more use of paths and or zones to control AI movement by restricting the areas they can move freely about within. (e.g. cant move beyond a zone boundary, cant go where you don't want them to go - cant get to or fall off the edge of the world, fall off or into any location not desired or any other extremity or location - can be controlled as to your scenario or level design and layout either indoors or out).

Character option to allow AI Characters to be restricted to follow path and not leave it when attacking or other behaviours so as to ensure they can move around as defined by path but not free roam too far (user defined) from where you don't want them to be (or not). i.e. a Guard cant go too far and be outflanked and will always be able to defend their area. This would not affect any standard path behaviours at all.

Either path point or zone border points could be possibly used, of course a zone would be better as AI could roam freely but not exceed the boundaries and could potentially use node/zone/path points to carry out user defined actions at any point. In fact any object/entity could potentially be used as a node. e.g. a crate or a box or a tree if it could be set as a definable node/action spot that any character reaching it could then carry out a chosen behavior attached to the entity/node so such entities need not even be actual points on a path or zone. These could be placed/exist anywhere but act as points of control/AI carry out action points and would not need be nodes/points as such but the same thing effectively though independant of any path or zone. i.e. a box that has an AI carry out action when the AI gets to it e.g. toss grenade, shoot, run away - reverse path and so on. Each being independently set with an action - one potentially has an endless variation of behaviours that could be applied to Characters to perform. There are probably quite an endless number of things could be done to control Characters and add behaviors to give them a great deal of apparent intelligence irrespective of any main script attached to them.

The above by and large refers to AI movement and users game scenario set up and manipulation of the Characters position and actions control at specific locations. This means the decision making at those points need not be in the main script but are only carried out when and if a Character reaches an action point. Such Action points I guess would need in a Characters dialogue properties box to have an if used field so that only the Character and type would use it as specified and a filed for a user to choose from a list of actions for a specific Character to carry out e.g. play sound, hide and shoot. Such action points could be used to apply actions to enemies, allies or civilians and so on independently and specific to type depending on the users specification in the properties for the character so that a friendly character could not shoot at you.

The above offers a number of options either one or more that could be considered or mixed and matched. These do not really managed completely free roaming AI if they are needed where they would have a need to have their own in built main script behaviours and or any decision making processes included in that. Of course if one had any entity such as a crate or box being able to hold an action command for an AI to carry out then free roaming AI could also make use of those.

Just as a matter of reference and example to consider- In FPSC Classic I have levels where I have outdoor scenes with a one piece terrain I made which covers the entire world size and scene. Here I can have and set up a similar scenario as I had outlined above for AI movement control - ensuring they only go where I want them to. They are restricted to certain areas of the map though free roaming enemy AI. Now e know that in Classic enemies fall through terrain models and or don't behave very well at all. My level is designed with the terrain and movement control restriction management in mind. I have a compound with buildings surrounded by terrain. The player can go anywhere the enemies cannot. In classic itself this is easy to do and its obvious how it would work. AI enemies are restricted to parts of the level that have segment floors placed obviously in the compound and building areas bit also anywhere the Terrain is more or less been made flat where segments can be placed just below the surface of the terrain. To the player of the level these segment location restrictions are not obvious, various height veg coverage blends into terrain hills where the AI cannot access and as they cannot fall of the edge of floor segments placed underneath the terrain or proceed further than the edge of the hidden floor segments they stop at the edges of the segments and don't follow the player. The floor segments can be laid out in any pattern and irregular to give a varied access movement around the areas of restriction and the AI enemies move well around the level anywhere within their forced boundaries provided this way.

Effectively this provides a managed zone to control where they can and where they cannot go and works extremely well as opposed to Reloaded currently whereby a fee roaming enemy can go anywhere other than into water (a similar use of restrictive control) and follow the player to the ends of a level and never go home or stay near their place of defensive need unless the player exceeds their attack/activation range at which time they do nothing but stop wherever they are and idle.

Now navigation/pathfinding/obstacle avoidance and any kind of management of control of movement/location and any type of node/point action behaviors that could be added to control AI behaviors at specific such locations would be a way of the user managing directly their game AI behaviors to suit their particular level scenarios in a managed way clearly.

To do this then one would need in the first instance to obviously have a range of behaviors scripts to choose from to apply to specific AI characters and individual action points.

In addition to this of course an AI not using the above type of control much as we have now, which is free roaming (AI on paths are free roaming too as they can leave their path), as a Character that has a level of indicated freedom with little user control requires to have some level of control applied via its own main or other script. To be viably realistic they of course need to have some same level of behaviors as any controlled characters except that they in this instance need a self determined (or fixed scripted) set of behaviours they may carry out depending upon circumstance and the best of these would have a variety of behaviors which they could choose from either as best scripted or ideally with a more than single choice and for best effect to provide a random choice in each circumstance. e.g. when attacking - run forward attack far - run forward far attack close - run forward attack straffe - run forward attack kneel and so on - same when running away/run backwards, take a hit and so on. i.e. each action having more than one random choice so that all the 100 enemies you have in your game do not all move forward or backwards and attack as 100 clones all looking exactly like one another and doing the very same thing in an orchestrated dance sway of movement. Same goes for their animations where not every single enemy should attack with the same animation behaviour, same movement, exact same attack sequences, Ideally some should move one way, some another, some shoot while kneeling or prone, others hide and shoot.

User control and action points can help with this too.

Given that best is often though not always, some flexibility and options and apparent intelligence and randomness then it would be good if users could build their own AI scripts from a choice list of pre-defined behaviours and save them.

GCE as an example had a plugin programme, AI Next where a user could edit AI script files, choose from basic AI types and via sliders enemy, friend, civilian, apply strength, low, medium, hard, add additional behaviours from a drop down list to build their own AI as needed for a particular character and scenario, save the files and further edit them later and re-save as new ones. This also allowed users to open the files for editing and write their own scripts or edit existing ones writing their own code internally and save the new scripts.

Just a few thoughts. I am sure everyone is already aware of these things anyway but just reiterating some things that may be useful ideas or concepts.

AI is a nightmare consideration as said I am sure. Though in an ideal world we would like top range things throughout no doubt, I am not expecting too much myself personally though any additions and or improvements would be most welcome. Anything that makes making a game easier and better must be a good thing as we will end up with just that, more and better games and that can only be good for the product. That goes for all areas of Reloaded needless to say.

Thanks again to all TGC and all supporters of Reloaded.

World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 22:11
So I load a previous version of the level, get rid of Palm Tree 2 and 3 static and viola, the level now runs.

For everyone's benefit, in the Tropical Pack, do not use Palm 2 and 3 static - they mess with the engine.

I'm back in. I just keep finding entities that crash the engine.

Mike

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 00:58
MadLad Designs wrote: "*sigh* nearly every time I start Reloaded it freeze at the beta dialogue window at the beginning and I have to use Task Manager to end it. After that I can load it up normally but if I power the machine down and up again I have to go through it all again. :/"

Following on from this I've noticed that there are two "FPSC-Mapeditor.exe *32" tasks in the Task Manager.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 01:17 Edited at: 30th May 2014 02:31
Quote: "Following on from this I've noticed that there are two "FPSC-Mapeditor.exe *32" tasks in the Task Manager."
Brought this one up a few times now, others have seen it too but not much notice taken I am afraid. With me it freezes anything running.

Been happening since V1.006 was released. If you try to close either of the map editor tasks it will simply open another and you have to end reloaded exe first. Happens a lot and don't think using task manager to end it all the time is doing my OS a lot of good.Had a similar problem with another software in the past which eventually corrupted some main start up dll's. Ending that comp's working life completely till I get around to reinstalling a new operating system.

Not saying this will cause the same issues but still don't feel safe enough to put Reloaded onto anything but the lowest end m/c I have around just in case.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 02:24 Edited at: 30th May 2014 02:28
Quote: "Following on from this I've noticed that there are two "FPSC-Mapeditor.exe *32" tasks in the Task Manager"

I had this issue in previous version but not now.

I'm curious to know what others are getting for loading times. On a built "Two Compounds" level my loading time is 1:15.

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 03:06
I got 25.44 seconds to full load via editor test level

PM
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 03:34
Yes, it loads faster from the editor, I guess because the engine is already running, but it seems a bit slow for a relatively small level when it's built.

Brian.

If my post seems rude or stupid, don't be offended. It's just a failed attempt at humor.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 04:23
I get this issue of the two map editor instances coming up in the task manager. Always happens to me after I close down a bunch of programs to get ready to use the editor. IE: Model Program, Gimp after a heavy graphics session.

If I don't exit the task manager then it just hangs at the info screen and the map editor screen waits for the terrain to generate. but justs waits. No error message. Have to kill the fpsc reloaded tasks and the whole thing is fine.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Dralel
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 11:00
Loading times are fine for me, no longer than 10 seconds.

GPU: GTX 660, CPU: i7 3770 Intel 3.40ghz x4, PSU: 650 Watt, RAM: 8GB DDR3, OS: Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
PM
Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 14:41 Edited at: 30th May 2014 19:20
Thank God it's a rainy day so I can work with FPSCR

Version 1.007 is the first version I actually do some really work on, thanks to the competition.

Some old/new issues I found so far:

- Sometimes the water disappears in game mode.

- Entities still can't be placed on objects (other entities). They "sink". Example placing enemy on roof.

- When placing barrels on their side in the editor, in game they fly above ground.

Wishes:

- Ability to swim (urget! you runied my level

- A terraintool/brush for "smooth" out terrain.

- Ability to adjust the hardness/sensitivity of terrainbrush (shape mode).

- Different terrain brushes.

- Move the F9-function into the editor. As for now you have to swap alot between editor-mode and game-mode when working.

- In F9-edit mode, remapp the < > keys as they do not work on non english keyboards! (urgent)

Thank you
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Example placing enemy on roof."

Actually, it's just characters as they currently only align with the terrain. We are aware that this needs to be fixed and have it scheduled for V1008.

Quote: "When placing barrels on their side in the editor, in game they fly above ground."

We are also aware that physics needs some tweaking, you can prevent them from 'flying' by setting them to static (press Y to toggle between the modes - Red shroud=static).

SC

Steohl72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 19:23
Thanks for your answers SC.

Is anyone else having problems that water disappear in game mode? Not always, but sometimes.
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 23:19 Edited at: 30th May 2014 23:21
I had some weird problems with characters. They climbed over an impossibly high terrain and came at me shooting - and he was really far away. Can we tweak the distance when they are alerted to your presence in Lua? In the in-game editor?

It would be wise to have any object with gravity/physics fall to the ground and rest on it. That way, if you place boxes on top of each other haphazardly and they fall down and scatter, it looks more realistic. Same with barrels turning on their side when they fall down. Unity 3D does exactly this and the results are always realistic. It's really cool when you push something down a hill or mountain. I assume we will be able to lift/push/throw items in the near future?

Mike

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 23:26
Quote: "Can we tweak the distance when they are alerted to your presence in Lua? In the in-game editor?"

You can already do this by right clicking the character and changing the view range.

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 04:37
That is why I was asking. Thank you.

Mike

Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 09:30
Hello all,

I'm reporting some possible issues with the current version of FPSC-R, v. 1.0.0.7, regarding to its previous version, version 1.0.0.6 on the pdf file attached.

Besides those reported in the document mentioned before, here are others:

- The fire sound of the Magnum 357 now features a strange sound (something like phaser or flanger sound effect) with respect to its previous version that was more realistic.

- Bots sometimes they ignore way points completely.

- When very closer of the player the bot stops to shoot him.

The artificial intelligence (AI) is nice so far, just needing some adjustments to getting better.

I hope this information might help in any way the development team of the FPSC-Reloaded.

Cheers,

Northern
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 31st May 2014 10:44
Hi @Northern

AI scripts have been changed, no longer needed to have 3 sets of scripts, to make AI or entities work, a single Lua script takes care of every thing now, which means appear for example is no longer needed, as far as I am aware is handled by the global lua file.

Sniper issue has been reported

Grass issue has also been reported, and they are working on it as far as I am aware.

After lots of testing, 1.005, 1.006 FPM files do no translate well to 1.007, and as such AI will not work correctly in these maps, this has also been reported, whether or not a fix will be forth coming remains to be seen.Also, you have to remember that way points needs to be clear of entities and other objects in order for AI to follow way point.

Currently AI, doesn't have ragdoll, collision is also primitive, and as such, AI death animations is rather limited currently, and will not currently follow contour of the terrain.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 17:20
The sound issue remains for me; when firing my own weapon (no sound on firing or reload). Enemies sounds are fine.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 18:07 Edited at: 31st May 2014 18:08
I have found that you can't use 'shift' to move entities in smaller increments in right click mode, been like this for some time now, the camera moves but the entity doesn't. Thought at first it may have been my laptop's key mapping but recently tried it on another comp and same issue.

Makes it impossible to place small objects with any precision such as candle flames etc.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 18:21
@rolfy the snapping to the ground when you select an entity is also tiresome it should remain at the same height you selected them in case you need to place another one like at floor.Unfortunately I don't use test game entity selection as it's a bit limit
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the snapping to the ground when you select an entity is also tiresome it should remain at the same height you selected them in case you need to place another one like at floor"
I believe this one is already fixed for next Beta

Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 31st May 2014 23:19 Edited at: 31st May 2014 23:19
The shadows are there, but where are the trees?

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 23:37
@ wizard of id:

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to clarify some points on my previous post.

With many people posting about their experiences with the new version 1.0.0.7, sometimes it is difficult to know what has already been noticed
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 00:07 Edited at: 1st Jun 2014 01:02
disappearing objects as in 90% of all entities as in my stuff pops in and out and so does most other things, needs checking out i reckon close up is bad. Disapear close to camera.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 00:44
Last time I entered a competition for FPSC (Defy The Odds Comp) I left off 'building' the levels until the last minute (didn't think anything would go wrong there), so, this time round, I decided to build a test of my level as it is so far. The loading freezes at Building (or initialising) physics, then crashes the whole thing.

I get the typical error telling me that it has stopped working and needs to close.

I am using the latest beta 1.007.

My specs are:

AMD 640 X4 CPU @ 3ghz

8GB DDR3

1GB GTX460

256GB SSD

One thing I think it might be related to is I have set superflatterrain to =2 in the setup.ini. I changed it to =1 to see if that made a difference, but, nothing.

I can send the fpm over to someone for testing if needs be. It's mostly stock, with a few of my own models in there (which I can also send over).

I would be most greatful if someone could take a look for me.

Cheers

Jay.

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 00:49 Edited at: 1st Jun 2014 00:50
wizard of id wrote: "Speaking of which I forgot about the test game entity bug I found yesterday, placed a fence via test game, and couldn't remove the fence via editor, didn't even highlight to select."

That happened to me also but discovered that if you've pressed TAB (to be able to place objects in buildings) it 'locks' the entities from being selected. You need to press TAB again.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 04:10
@ science boy:

I was seeing this popping with converted entities, that have been scaled up from the original mesh from the scale=xxx in the fpe file. I imported the xfile mesh into my model program and then scaled it up to the proper size. Exported i
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
We are investigating the 'poping' objects, we think we know why and are working on a fix for the next alpha.

@Unfamillia

If you'd like to send me you FPM, I'll see if I can track down the problem.

@Titantropo

That's certainly interesting, could you post that as a bug report please.

SC

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 11:33
@unfamillia every now and then i get a crash on physics due to something in my custom scripts, normally has an error message with it but, when it crashes if it freezes can you alt tab maybe and see if theres another error display?
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 11:55
AuShadow,

I tried to Alt+Tab, but, there is no other error message. Just the standard Windows message. (FPSC is not responding and needs to close)

Scene,

I will send the FPM over private message if I can.

Cheers

Jay.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@unfamillia

Not sure if you can send attachments with PM's. Never tried, but if not feel free to email me.

SC

J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2014 18:00
@Lee
regarding the circle of missing grass issue,
i have sent you a e-mail with the fpm file and levelbank

if someone wants to reproduce the issue
try to paint almost the whole map area with grass and start the testgame, in my case what happens is t
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 03:12 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2014 05:18
A few initial thoughts and impressions. I'm sure there are more, but these are ones that have stood out so far.

Good things about 1.007:

1. Tab feature to remove the tops of objects so we can place things inside buildings.

2. Show/Hide feature. Especially as a way to make an invisible blocking volume.

3. Set Movement and Set Rotation capability.

4. Setting lighting parameters. I haven't tried it yet, but it should be awesome.

Bad Things about 1.007:

1. We got the ability to move forward and rotate in increments, but we didn't get the ability to precisely place or rotate an object by a specified amount. Nor did we get the ability to actually get these values. This doesn't make movement and rotation completely useless, but severely limits us in what we can do and doesn't really address the whole reason we wanted them to begin with.

2. SetRotateToPlayer and LookAtPlayer only work for "characters" and not just any entity. This one is pretty huge and makes certain things impossible right now.

3. Invisible blocking volumes are great, but I found that if I put a bunch of them in an area then the test level crashes in the initializing physics stage.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 07:23
Quote: "1. We got the ability to move forward and rotate in increments, but we didn't get the ability to precisely place or rotate an object by a specified amount. Nor did we get the ability to actually get these values. This doesn't make movement and rotation completely useless, but severely limits us in what we can do and doesn't really address the whole reason we wanted them to begin with. "

Have a look at the vote for features page, it's part of the IDE vote.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 08:18 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2014 08:19
@tomjscott

I agree with point 2, I'll bring it up with the team.

SC

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 08:26
I'm also noticing some strange issues with the skybox and lighting. We never had control over lighting before so I didn't know about this, but the skybox isn't affected by setting any of the lighting parameters at all. You can darken everything, but the sky could still be bright as can be. And the dark sky has weird artifacts, especially is you have light rays and bloom and some fog turned on. You can even visibly see the skybox cube edges in most scenarios.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2014 14:35
it would nice to remove the sliders form the standalone build. also the level should end when you die in the standalone build.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2014 23:10
i noticed that if making a large level with lots of entity placements the water shader loses all reflection and is no good to my level

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 00:28
Anyone know how the new collision modes work? The documentation was a bit fuzzy and didn't work for me. I have had problems with trees so I thought the new collision modes would help resolve the issue, but I can't get any of them to work. It says to use 100x for trees where you just want the trunk to have collision, but it says something about replacing the x with some limb number or whatnot. But it doesn't give an example. So, I tried 1001 as in 1 limb being the trunk and then I tried 1000 as in no limbs. Both cases just made it impossible to even approach the tree at all. It was like one big box collider around everything.

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 00:34
Thanks everyone for your feedback so far! Lots of items mentioned are in progress as fixes, especially the stuff concerning build times, memory related crashes and overall performance. We won't be adding any new features for the hot fix above those needed for the aforementioned tasks. If you have a level that crashes or does something you consider a showstopper, please do email it direct to me at lee@thegamecreators.com and ensure the level only uses stock assets (or store assets) for the moment so I can focus my attention on the more urgent 'provided-with' issues. Watch out for the hot fix (V1.071) which will hopefully resolve many of your issues. Remember, my inbox is ALWAYS open for showstoppers!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 05:32:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 05:32:21