Product Chat / Horror pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 02:09
Some issues Ive noticed.

There is NO interior wall pieces to make your own rooms. The parts are there but there is no way to make a large room divided. Think a central hall with doors on both sides. I can make the large room but. . . . .

When I place 2 of the wards and have windows facing walls, I can see the outside world, not into the other room. Suggestions for making this set up? There is also no way to create a multi level building.

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 24th May 2014 04:38 Edited at: 24th May 2014 04:41
No because there is no conkit yet, the horror is "as is", horror pack never intended the possibility to create rooms from scratch. However there is nothing stopping you from creating your own walls or rooms to use with the horror pack.

Some ingenuity is required, but it is hardly a problem, there is enough corridors rooms ect, that there should be no need for additional rooms.

However that said the pack is however a little 2D, and lacks ability to build multi leveled floors the whole level will be basically one big fat flat floor again.

You do have to remember, the artist had to envision how it would work in the engine, he didn't envision plane clipping for example, entity placement ect.It is generally easier and more practical to keep it simple and easy to use not all users are into modeling or texturing ect.

But in general the pack is lacking a bit, I wouldn't be to concerned about it, it is still early days and there will be some more, horror packs in the future maybe not by TGC, but def by another user.
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 05:05
What I did to get a pseudo second floor was to add a second tile section and pull it halfway up the room height to divide it in half. Then I got Henry's stair from the store and added that in . Presto! second floor.

be nice to have some more room dividers and some stairs that actually match the rest of the pack

Auger
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 09:04 Edited at: 24th May 2014 14:46
The Horror Pack is a set of entities, and is designed to construct just one building type. For information, we updated this pack yesterday for all Gold and Silver pledgers and of course purchasers. The artist has provided an interior pillar to aid in blending the room sections together, an end section for the graveyard fence and we've updated the doors and door frames to fix a small animation error and scale them a little better.

A small note to also say, that the images above aren't from the Horror pack, but are a user demonstrating how they have created a two story room.

Rest assured that we still have our eyes set on the ConKit, but have realised that our teams time is better used focusing on a single issue. This approach has seen some massive performance increases for the last beta and will see some excellent AI for V1007, so we believe this is the right approach for the moment.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 16:23
Actually that is made mostly with pieces from the horror pack. Just the railing and stairs are not. Course it's not as they were intended to be used.

Nice to see they updated the pack. Looks like 9 items when I downloaded from store.

Auger

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 19:53:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 19:53:12