Product Chat / Need some help and have questions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 01:03 Edited at: 22nd May 2014 22:28
Hey all,

I want to make my first FPS game using the FPS Creator Engine. What other TGC software can be used for FPSGC???? Also can I create a full game right now and sell it on the market?

I know been discussed, but has anyone done anything about these topics?

I attached a image and in the image can I create everything in that image into a game? if so, how can i do that with detail information. I tried making caves as I am disappointment I cannot create them after spending close to $200 dollars.

I created this level is SDK Counter-Strike:GO on the link below

It’s something simple but it is possible on FPSGC????

What about Radar for players to see enemies and friendlies?

I want to make a game that I invested into this software and make my money back.

Where the updated information on where the TGC Team is up too on FPSGC???

I’ve been trying to contact people on FPSGC Forums, but everyone is ignoring me.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

AMD Phenom II X4 945 Processor

8 GB RAM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 09:48 Edited at: 22nd May 2014 09:50
Hi,

FPSC Reloaded is still in beta and will be for a few months yet.

At the moment the software only truly supports outdoor scenes, although we are obviously aware that users will want to create indoor maps and will be adding that feature in the future.

Currently the only other software that can be used alongside Reloaded is Animar which allows legacy characters to be converted for use in Reloaded.

You would need some decent modelling skill to create a scene similar to the image you've attached, but if you are up to that level, then I'm sure it could be done. Reloaded is supplied with a pack of Modern Day media for all pledgers, with additional packs for Silver and Gold pledgers. You can pledge from as little as $30. Details of all pledge levels can be found here. We also have a rapidly growing store where additional Reloaded media can be purchased.

Lastly, as Reloaded is still a beta product, it is not currently suited to full game creation. You can build standalone levels, but all such levels are watermarked indicating that it was built with a beta engine.

I hope that has helped.

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
aFriendlyCow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2014 22:17 Edited at: 22nd May 2014 22:41
I bought gold pledge by the name Darren Curtis and I can't wait *excited* to see the new updates.

Can we at least built tar roads for a future update?

So my last question for now is; Where the updated information on where the TGC Team is up too on FPSGC???

Thanks.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

8 GB RAM
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
@aFriendlyCow You can go here to see the latest scoop

http://fpscreator.thegamecreators.com/newsletter/22-05-2014/
PM
aFriendlyCow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2014 04:43
OH Thanks a million BarZaTTacKS!

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

8 GB RAM
aFriendlyCow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2014 04:52 Edited at: 23rd May 2014 05:01
Are the buildings made on ANIMER Software?

Example link in the Game Creator Store http://tgcstore.net/en/?md=view&oid=18117

I want to make my own buildings too for my levels for asking. I want to show this community of my creative skills.

Oh yeah I just remembered, I had an issue with the check points. I went to win the game and it teleported me back middle or half way of the map instead Start of the level. I do have a check point there including several other areas of the level, where I put check points.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

8 GB RAM
aFriendlyCow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2014 20:06 Edited at: 23rd May 2014 20:07
Hello?

Anyone?

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

8 GB RAM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Animer is really for Character work...Importing anims or converting characters etc

Most of us use blender for modelling ... There are great tutorials in the 3rd Party Modelling section on the forum.

This one is best for beginners

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208184&b=8

Hope it helps
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 02:01
You MIGHT make your money back in a few years when the engine is capable of doing something but by then, its going to be even more outdated unless they can get it together and get to current standards and push forward trying to keep up with current things. See, the engine is almost 2 years old as I see it. its barely capable of anything playable and enjoyable. Please take a look any any game released in the last 10 years along the lines of a FPS. Then dream on about getting close to that. This as I see it is perfect for me as Im a hobbyist. i wont ever try to release a game with the engine unless its brought up to a decent level of capability and the quality gets majorly better. As it stands, the zombies that only a few handfuls of creators are going to want to use are cheap looking, clean and lack creativity.

Im sorry to sound so harsh but this engine is only capable of casual game creation.

Again, My opinions.

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I will remind you that Reloaded is in still a beta product. It is in fact not much over a year old. I think you'll be very pleased with V1007, which will be released very soon, and will once again will make big strides forward.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
aFriendlyCow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2014 22:59 Edited at: 24th May 2014 23:00
Thank You to all who posted a reply! I feel help and welcomed in this community

You guys are awesome!

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

8 GB RAM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2014 11:36 Edited at: 25th May 2014 11:39
Quote: "Are the buildings made on ANIMER Software?

Example link in the Game Creator Store http://tgcstore.net/en/?md=view&oid=18117

I want to make my own buildings too for my levels for asking. I want to show this community of my creative skills.

_____________________________________________________________________"

the building in your example is one of mine & was built in 3ds max 2009 however you can make models for reloaded in any modeling program that can export to .x format.

there are a number of free modeling packages available for download on the net. Blender seems to be the tool of choice for most TGC forum members & has all the tools you will need to get building models for your games.

cheers henry

Clyde Vasey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2014 23:57
Need help with entity floating over water. I want to build a bridge over water and cannot figure out how to get the bridge pieces to float over some water. Thanks in advance for your help.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
hold page up key till at right height

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Clyde Vasey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 02:12
Thank you almightyhood for your quick response. My assumption is I need to be in the game and click a key to get into edit mode or will your suggestion also work when placing the entity. Thanks again
PM
Clyde Vasey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 02:53
Additional comments for almightyhood. Since I am new at this application, I find that I can place entities from the edit screen but I seem to always be above the ground looking down rather than being able to see on an angle. When I run the preview of the game, I get the perspective from a player and I can click the F9 to get into edit mode. I can then select 'E' to manage the entities but have trouble selecting the specific bridge section I want to work with. I struggle to select and then use the page up/down to move the bridge section to the correct elevation and lock in place. If you have suggestions on how to accomplish this in an easier fashion, I appreciate your wisdom and previous experience. If I simply need to work at it until I get it down, I appreciate your support. Thanks
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Right click on the entity when you place it in the editor...It will zoom in then you can use Page/up/down and WADZ to place the entity where you want..

I assume that's what you mean
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, in top down view right click the entity you want to move (fine tune), now page up and down still do the same thing but you have a much better view of the enties, moving the mouse changes the view angles. A and D move entity to the sides and i think S W back and forth, r to rotate still also i think. but i think numbers do this aswell hope this helps you

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 11:28:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 11:28:52