Product Chat / Time to switch to reloaaded?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi. Since I'm spending a lot of time into fps creatos x9 there days I'm a bit hungry for it's limitations like multiextures on static entites , collision boxes ,etc.. and Since I'm pledged FPSCR I'm valutating if is the ccasa to swith into Reloaded to start from scrath a totally new project and learnig and which are actual limits of new version...

my question are:

1-are old models packs totaly compatible with new version, so I convert them at least as static entites?

2- are decals and effects compatible??

3- is lua scripting strong yet or is not implemented yet??

thanks in advance

leon
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
1. no reason why models cant be imported but animations wont work.

2. dont know about this stuff

3. better to wait a week (or maybe more) for 1.007 and then ask

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2014 21:51
1. Old packs can be converted easily, but only as static objects and no LOD support.

2. There is no decal or any type of particle/effect system in place yet.

3. 1.006 scripting is extremely primitive. 1.007 will have a lot more, but still will have limitations.

All that being said, if you are extremely innovative, creative, and programmer savvy, you can even make fully playable games with the current version. But you'll be blazing new ground and pushing the boundaries beyond the limits.

If you're looking to switch in order to upgrade from the functionality you have then you are best off waiting. A lot of basic functionality from earlier versions is not there yet. But if you want to be an innovator and a pioneer and help to build the best engine possible then get in on it right now and start adding your input to these forums. You can help make the product the kind of engine you want to see.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not a great programmer and not an immensly creative man LOL

I only want to spend my time on the engine offer me best possiblites to create something interesting into near future...
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 22:25
Be aware we are still very much in beta (some even call it an alpha) so there will be a period where you might be missing elements you might have had with Classic. At this stage I would definitely invite you to check out the engine and what you can so (especially with V1.007 and the new set of LUA commands).

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 10:33:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 10:33:53