3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Having major normal map or shader issues in 6

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I didnt have this problem in 5. Now if I make a normal map it looks weired. Normal maps wont even show up on custom content unless I turn off normals on export, but then they look way to strong in reloaded and have allot of specular. Is there a fix for this? This happens with any modeling software I use. So I know its reloaded. Some one who knows there stuff, please respond to this.

Thanks

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
I was racking my brain because of bad normal maps that use to work. I figured it out. The issue I was seeing was triangles showing through mesh and strong normal maps with very bad specular.

The fix was simple. I dont know if every one has this issue, but here is the fix.

Do not rescale your mesh in the FPE file.

By setting my mesh to a size with adding the line

scale =4000 etc it was messing my normals all up. So I guess its a bug.

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 06:30:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 06:30:52