3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Does the default Shader support MAT Zones?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does the default shader for FPSC support different MAT zones, or do I have to fake the effect with a spec map? The current item I am constructing has a lacquered finish, with some areas of the lacquer being worn off, revealing bare wood, which naturally has a different specularity than the lacquered part.

It would be great if the different MAT zones I defined show up in the engine, but I don't want to waste time doing too much work that won't pay off, so I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a "yay" or "nay" so I know how to approach my problem.

Thanks in advance.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2014 22:11
The shader is fixed to provide diffuse with semi-transparency in the alpha, full non compressed normal map and specular with self-illumination from the specular-alpha channel. No material properties or 'physically based' surface rendering in play right now. We will be making small tweaks to the shader as we go, and may include some extras such as a baked cube-map based reflection, sub-surface effects and the return of parallax mapping but we will look at these once we are happy with the final build and the performance of our first release version.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2014 13:24
@Lee

Quote: "self-illumination from the specular-alpha channel"

Does this mean that we can have a an illumination effect by using the speculars alpha channel?

Cheers

Jay

[href=http://touchoffear.co.uk]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 06:20:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 06:20:35