3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Convert multitexture models to make them fpsc ready (dexsoft inside)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I make a crosspost form the old fps x9 forum becasue maybe this new forum have maybe many people an more visibility...

Hi I'm attempting to convert some models I bought from Dexsoft Media

These are all static models and no characters

I know that all I must do is to extract the model and after create and fpe file and put them with the textures into a folder in entitybank

This works fine for single texture enetities but if I have some multitexture entities like tunnels and others I cannot make the same because :

If it is static, then it only loads a single texture, but it acts correctly

If I set to dynamic, all the correct textures load but enetity has no collision set ...so

due Dynamic entity's have only box collision so I cant enter them

I bought Ultimate Unwrad 3d so I can take a complete Atlas texture map for my model and use them as static so i can have right collision and so on..

I have the single model textured yet can I only create a single atlas with these textures to can assign the texturemap to the entity and make it static??

here the link with an example of my model eith all textures (many single textures)

[href] http://yadi.sk/d/Onq2GoeVPMpAz[/href]

is there a way can I get a multitexture image form this without without reassign athe uv map???
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
no one has any info for me???
PM
Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2014 23:21 Edited at: 8th May 2014 00:01
To the extent of my knowledge, FPSCR models only use 1 texture file.

Unless someone else has a method for using multiple textures in fpscr,

I'd suggest reworking a single uv map and embed the textures where required.

Here is an awesome tutorial from start to finish.

I believe video 4 will steer you in the right direction for textures.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208184&b=8
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, for the infos..I'll give them a try

but since I have a student license for 3dstudio max 14 can this software come to help me in some way??maybe with some plugin or script??

or can you tell me about some software can come ho help me to generate texturemaps from a textured 3d model??

thanks again..

I have ultimate unwarap 3d bought yet becasue I thinked that software can help me but maybe I'm missing something because when I generate an atlas texture the software give me it right in preview but not when I export it...
PM
Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline
What models are we talking here ?

humonoid / building / foliage / vehicle / weapon ?

For modeling, I use;

3DS Max 2015

Blender

MilkShape

For Texturing, I use;

Gimp2

Paint.net

Other programs I have laying around just incase;

AC3D

LithUnwrap

Can you post a screenshot of the model and the texture you're trying to work ?
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 18:30 Edited at: 9th May 2014 19:35
Hello I was able to retexturize my model and now I have a single texturemap bitmap for my model and it works in fps creator if I use it as dynamc object.. but if I set it as static texture is not displayed and I see only the mesh

I'm attatching my model with fpe file and texture ..if someone can downlaod it and test to tell me where I wrong I apprecitate it...
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2014 21:49 Edited at: 9th May 2014 21:50
I have just tried it and it looks the same to me whether its dynamic or static....But I can only see the inside...

Are you using Blender ?

If so When you export to direct.X model check the panel on the right is set to "Right Handed " and not "Left Handed" It looks similar to my model in jays tutorial. I could only see it as inside out....Dunno if that helps...But it sorted mine..
PM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I can only see the inside of the object ...

but I'm not a modeler and I dont use blender this is only a structure I bought in my scifi low poly assets pack from Dexsoft ...

I bought many of them and it'will be a great thing if I can export them to fpsc

I simply used ultimate unwrapd 3d to repaint the single textures into one single texture so I can use my model as static and with right collision but I noticed a great loss of quality after I repainted it and I dont know how I can do to maintain the original quality of the textures...
PM
Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline

This is a one sided model. From outside, you'll be able to see inside due to there being no external faces.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
yes one sided model..

but as you view.. there is a great loss of graphic detail after repainting..

is there a way to have have a better graphic quality for my repainted model?

can I apply some type or fx effect on my static entity or some other way?
PM
Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to improve the quality of the texture, I'd recommend re-texturing it manually yourself. The texture that you used *Untitled1024.bmp* is of a low quality.

If you're using blender, just make a new uv image and scale it to at least 2048x2048. That will easily give you opportunity to double your textures graphics.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks I now used better quality texture and situation is better but not too much good as I want

alternatively due I have my model in several formats and even obj an they are textured yet ..is there a way I can convert my model in .obj or 3ds or fbx format in .x format and mantain the texture into the model on the mesh itself so it can work into fps as static entity???
PM
Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline
From my understanding, .x files don't retain textures. A lot of model formats actually don't retain textures.
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
With my surprise I noticed that if I import my models as dynamic into reloaded they works with a perfect poligon collision (as static) and with a correct response to static light (in x9 this is impossible ..I think) and I didnt know that....

is there a way this can ben done on the old engine too?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:32:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:32:41