Feature Creep / Scene Hierarchy & Automatic Properties Pane

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th May 2014 19:05
After working a lot lately with Reloaded, I find that this is one of the biggest things I'd like introduced into the editor. Sometimes it is really hard to select the item that I want to edit, move, or remove. Based on where it's placed and whether or not there are other objects obstructing it. It can be very tricky to get to the entity and make changes. I sometimes have to just move a tree out of the way to get at an entity beneath it and then move the tree back when I'm done.

The other problem is that right click has 2 functions. First, it removes the currently selected object. Second, it is used to bring up the properties for an object. So, I'm sure everyone has experienced the problem where they right click and their object disappears instead of going to the properties pane. With all the left and right clicking going on, it's easy to do this. And without any undo system, this is very frustrating.

By automatic properties pane, I mean that I think the properties for an entity should always be available in the editor and simply left clicking on the selected object would show that entity's properties.

With these 2 features, you could then easily select an object in the scene hierarchy and then proceed to edit its properties as well. This is very typical of any game engine editor so I think FPSCR needs to have it.
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes I agree, I am one of those people that can accomplish cool stuff but mainly because I am a risk taker. When building my levels (mind you this is the first time I have done such a thing..I am not a designer or artist) I have this constant fear of editing something and then not being able to restore it to orignal. I have to save so frequently that I often forget some of my quick ideas cause of the need to have to save all the time. I know they will be adding this in the future but its just very stressing to someone who is not an artist because of the many mistakes I make when editing.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 21:13:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 21:13:47