3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Asset import and bounding boxes/collision and engine limits?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2014 21:35 Edited at: 3rd May 2014 21:37
I've noticed various posts on the forums saying that content creators are having problems with bounding boxes/collision detection. I've been trying to find these issues myself, but haven't been able to really create it, so I'm wondering what the posters are talking about (as I want to enter the competition, so I need to know the limits of what I can do.)

This (attachment image file) is an unoptimized cave wall I created in ZBrush and converted to a .x file, then imported into FPS Creator Reloaded. It isn't pretty, I know that, but it is a test at this point. Is there any documentation that lists the limits of the current engine, or upcoming limitations? I'm more an artist than a coder, so how the engine handles art assets is way more important to me than scripting at this point.

Are custom character animation/model imports supported currently? If not, will they be available in 1.007? I don't want to spend hours sculpting a character for it not to work. Oh, and is there an entity snapping feature so one can avoid overlapping models/wall assets? Thanks in advance!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
not really sure if it helps but there is a grid system in the editor which most of the stock walls and stuff fit into so they line up correctly/easily, maybe you can work around that?

(press B a few times to turn it on/off)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Visioneer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, for your response. I didn't even know there was a grid feature. :/

Any ideas about custom character models and animation workflows?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:20:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:20:53