3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Castle Model made in blender

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 18:38 Edited at: 3rd May 2014 14:32
Updated and textured model is the attachment to this post. I still need to retexture it again in the future but it is my first time doing this all so what can I say!
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 18:42
dont give up on your first try mate ,try again with something really simple or follow along with jays tutorial it may take you some time but you will get there in the end.

cheers henry

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 18:52
This how we all start, keep going, you're doing fine

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000, 4GB Ram, 500Gb WD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2014 00:14
Don't give up now mate! That castle was a huge task to try and complete if you are just starting out! My tutorials show you how to create a very simple barrier, just to teach you the basics! Then you choose to go out and tackle a castle! Good on you mate!

I took the liberty of importing it into Reloaded for you. It looks great! I had to resize it in Blender to get the scale correct, but, other than that, great job.

I haven't textured it, as I am busy with other projects, but, it does look good. Keep on it!

I have attached a zip file that contains the .X and the FPE files to make it work in Reloaded.

Cheers

Jay.

Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all your replies and positive words... It's giving me the motivation to keep going!

I worked out how to solve my texturing problem last night, after a day of fiddling around I found out all I needed to do was "select all" and press the "recalculate normals button". So now when I UV Unwrap it I can apply the texture and it looks good in blender instead of texturing on the wrong side of the walls, etc!

Thanks for the upload Jay, I really appreciate that you managed to get the model into reloaded and for making an FPE file.

I will be going away for a week so I don't really have the time to play around with this any more right at the moment, but when I get back I'll try and have a look into the model and who knows, maybe we will have a useable castle for everybody to use one day!

Thanks guys and good luck with your projects.
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 19:19 Edited at: 3rd May 2014 14:35
EDIT : All good I've textured the model quickly
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:27:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:27:55