Product Chat / like to know if usable functions are being included in reloaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2014 04:34
We really need to expand games to make them more interesting these days and I want to know

if items like jump between levels is being implemented.

Like the Jump Level System By Tax 78. or something similar.

I seem to have the need to have many "extra assignments that players need or if they find can complete.

example 1

Think of the doors.. door 1 a sub assignment to gather intelligence then come back to another level to deliver the information and then back to where you were,

then continue to another level where you can go above ground to do item 1

or under ground and do item 2 or choose neither and continue on your current quest.

Example 2. you are a hobbit and leave home and go on many many quests yet you have to return to some places many times to re equip and gather information and in the end return home t0 a heroes welcome.

Yes this can be done to some extent even now with FPSC, with cloning levels, but the game becomes so big it will not compile as one game. It seems 12 to 15 levels is the max that will safely compile.

So I have to make 3 games work as one, so I really hope reloaded expands it's horizons to be a bit more world class.

Thank you for reading,

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Too early to say, but I would imagine so at some point.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Yes 100%. Lee has already mentioned that level jumping will be possible and it is on our list.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2014 11:51
Wonderful..

Now how about being able to write to and from a ini file?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
We've not plans for this at the moment, and in the past have been wary of writing to external files for various reasons.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2014 12:44 Edited at: 29th Apr 2014 12:46
I think it be cool if we had something called Passage Zone and from this you can have a drop down option of what fpm to load. Using these would retain all variables too. That would be sweet. Use them for like doors to buildings, entrances to caves etc. A jump level system with the intent of possibly returning back. So all modification to the level are saved so they can be returned to in their modified state.

Win Zone would simply load the next level in sequence and not retain any information about that levels modifications.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Meows
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2014 19:41
Quote: "have a drop down option of what fpm to load. Using these would retain all variables too."

WOW Teabone, that got my imagine running! And I wanted to use a INI file to do the same thing. Among other thoughts. I have noticed adding variables can slow things down a lot. where for many things even a large ini file puts no load on a game to speak of and you can del it after the game or retain it in a temp file for later game play.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 01:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 01:16:32