Product Chat / Hotkeys

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that I have posted this before, but I thought I would try it again. I have cerebral palsy which makes fine muscle control a little bit difficult. My only problem with FPSCR is the hot key set up for rotating entities. I would much rather be able to rotate entities forty-five degrees by pressing shift + the hot key, and having free rotate be just the hot key. I noticed that there were key values in the setup.ini file. Is there a way that I can set up the hot keys the way I want them with these values?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
at the moment the keys under gameprofile in setup.ini dont seem to do anything, i just tried.

maybe they are a placeholder for later, not sure

i used this for reference http://www.penticoff.com/nb/kbds/ibm104kb.htm

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 17:17
In the short term maybe something like SharpKeys will help you, it is meant to let you map keys to perform other key presses in other software, give it a go until FPSCR allows you to change in settings.

http://www.randyrants.com/2011/12/sharpkeys_35.html

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
nelsonaddison
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the responses. I have tried remappers as well as macros. Something in fpscr seems to override them. For example, with a macro program I can program my "Num 0" key to "#" (Shift+3) and it works in notepad, but not in FPSCR. Keymappers -I've looked at a few - only remap the physical keyboard. In other words, you can make the num0 key act like the 4/$ key, but it still requires the shift to produce "$".

I'm not complaining. I realize that this is a problem that is unique to me and not a fault with fpscr. But if anyone thinks of anything else that might work, let me know.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 11:06:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 11:06:27